[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Plugins
. . -> [Subject]  lensmoor automapper plugin help

lensmoor automapper plugin help

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Meepo64   (4 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Wed 31 Jul 2013 09:26 PM (UTC)
Is there a an automapper plugin for the mud Lensmoor? I have tried using the simple map plugin, ATCP plugin, even the two-towers mud mapper plugin with no success. Each time I launch the Lensmoor mud, the blue map box shows up but no mapping occurs when I use "look" or move to a different room and use look there. The mud does have room names.
I am running Mushclient via wine in ubuntu 12.04.
I have also tried automapping in the Lensmoor mushclient version with no success either.
Any help would be great.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #1 on Sat 03 Aug 2013 04:53 AM (UTC)
I guess I should ask if there is any mushclient mapper plugin for Lensmoor? If not, is there a general mapping plugin that supports the type of mud Lensmoor is in Mushclient? I have tried both the simple_mapper without success. The output only shows the light blue/green map box, and moving around and looking gives no output.

I have run Lensmoor in both the specific Lensmoor mushclient program, and through the regular mushclient without success.
I am running mushclient via wine in ubuntu 12.04.

Any help would be great!
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #2 on Sat 03 Aug 2013 06:02 AM (UTC)
The generic mapper needs room information so it knows you have changed rooms. There are various examples of it being adapted for different MUDs, but it is just not feasible to keep making a new version (of the interface) for every MUD, especially as they all have slightly different ways of presenting data, and even then they may change over time.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #3 on Sat 03 Aug 2013 11:23 PM (UTC)
Thanks for the reply. Bear with me, I am not an experienced coder. I have been working, scouring forum posts and searches to try to help myself. After countless hours, and getting nowhere, I am at my wits end. I have been working on the triggers for the room names (since I don't see any room#s). It appears room names are displayed in magenta against black background.
I was just really wanting to find a way to get an automapper working. I have dabbled in muds, but my frustration with automappers has constantly turned me away from them. Lensmoor offered the crafting I like, but no mapper. Perhaps I will just try Achaea.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #4 on Sun 04 Aug 2013 10:26 PM (UTC)

http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/?id=10667

If that doesn't help, the mapper runs on the IRE MUDs (or used to last time I looked). Also Aardwolf have it integrated into their client (an adapted version of MUSHclient).

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #5 on Sun 04 Aug 2013 11:04 PM (UTC)
Thank you for the reply. I'll have to look at the mapper script once all the frustration wears off. It's alot to get one's head around!
Trying one of the IRE games on their newly revamped client and it has improved immensely! And it does also look good on Mushclient with the needed plugin!

Thanks again.
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

16,303 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]