[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Plugins
. . -> [Subject]  Is there a way to reset a plugin?

Is there a way to reset a plugin?

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Neoshain   (38 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Tue 06 Aug 2013 11:52 PM (UTC)
I have been working on an absolutely massive plugin for my friends on my mud. I have it working the way I want it to, but there is only one problem. If the players need to interrupt the process, (autopiloting to any planet in the galaxy, based on Alias commands, using a series of triggers) then the triggers remain active until they are fired.

This causes a lot of problems. What I have done is very quickly pressed Ctrl+Shift+P then reinstalled the plugin. It solves the problem. However, I don't want my players to have to do this. Is there a script I can use to reset the plugin to it's base form? If so, I'll make an alias "reset plugin" for them to do, until I can take the time to work in an interrupt function in the scripts.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Wed 07 Aug 2013 04:53 AM (UTC)
Template:function=ReloadPlugin ReloadPlugin

The documentation for the ReloadPlugin script function is available online. It is also in the MUSHclient help file.

However read the comments about a plugin not being able to reload itself. The suggestion about using a timer might help.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Neoshain   (38 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Wed 07 Aug 2013 01:35 PM (UTC)
Thank you again! I have trouble finding my way around the website for some reason. I need to bookmark things. It's my fault. Sorry for the trouble.
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

11,865 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]