[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Bug reports
. . -> [Subject]  LOTS of screws on on changing to MC3.22

LOTS of screws on on changing to MC3.22

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by StefanWulph   USA  (35 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Sun 07 Jul 2002 03:14 AM (UTC)
Wel I went over to MC3.22 from MC.19 as suggested but BOY do I have more troubles now then I did before..

#1: Line 1673: Invalid number "y" for numeric attribute named 'at_time' (timer not loaded)
I have a timer set on all my muck conections to ping the muck every 10 mins by sending 'mehere'

#2: THis is kinds of hard to explain. When I type something into the 'input' window it comes out choppy, missing letters HUGE spaces between letters but when I send it to the world it comes up as exatly as I typed it.

#3: It's not remembering the size, shape or placement of my windows. even after repeated log on, log off and closing the world window.
THat's all for now..
Stefan Wulph
Proud WinFur and FADHD

PS: getting permission from furs to post parts of their descs for my post aobut the Heigth triggers. in Tips/Tricks
[Go to top] top

Posted by Shadowfyr   USA  (1,786 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Sun 07 Jul 2002 05:02 AM (UTC)
#2 sounds like the default setting for scrolling is no letting the window update quick enough. Changing this to a less/more smooth scrolling setting may fix it. I noticed something similar with one of the settings, but don't remember what I was using.

#3 This one is a known problem in 3.22, fixed in the current but not publicly available beta. However.. I did recently notice a related problem.

Gammon - If you create a new world and don't use the defaults from another file (maybe even if you do, but not sure) the new window opens with a one line command window. Not a big deal, however it also un-maximized my other world and shrank its command window down to 1 line from the 3 I had it at as well. This may be due to not 'saving' both, but creating/closing/changing dimensions of one world shouldn't effect the others that are open.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #2 on Mon 08 Jul 2002 04:39 AM (UTC)
Whoops. You must be the first person to use an "at" timer in the XML files. We tested timers but only the "every" time, which had an "at_time" of zero, which was thus omitted from the XML file, and the bug slipped through.

For now, change:

at_time="y"

to

at_time="1"

in the world file.

Sorry about that. Will be fixed in 3.24.

As for the command window font problem, sounds like a problem I saw where the input font size was zero. Check the world file, and see what input_font_height is. If zero, or omitted, add this line (or similar):

input_font_height="9"

(This would be in the "world" "general" section).

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

10,009 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]