[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  SMAUG
. -> [Folder]  Compiling the server
. . -> [Subject]  Borland C++ Builder

Borland C++ Builder

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by David Lewis   (1 post)  [Biography] bio
Date Fri 20 Sep 2002 11:26 AM (UTC)
I have been running & coding smaug now for a couple of years using visual c++ & win 2000.

For a number of reasons, I would like to run the code from a windows application and not as a service from the command line. ie a true 'windows' version not a command line one.

Along these lines, I am trying to ultimately compile smaug using Borland C++ Builder to enable me to add forms/tables and the fill wimp environment with the least hassle. The output from the server I would redirect to a scrolling text box, but the mud could be launched as a thread whilst I continue with the admin code.

Anyone done anything like this? Or have any comments/ideas on how this could be achieved? The main issue I'm having is not compiling it, but getting the mud to launch as a thread from a button on a form....
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Sat 21 Sep 2002 12:37 AM (UTC)
The version I did (available as a download) has it running as a separate thread, which is what is required to run it as a service.

I don't see any major problems with this, just change the redirection of stdout and stderr. However I'm not sure what it really achieves, unless you add some provision for the GUI interface to send commands directly to it.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

7,235 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]