[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Gagging specific things

Gagging specific things

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Zyrexia   (9 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Thu 13 Feb 2003 12:55 AM (UTC)

Amended on Thu 13 Feb 2003 01:01 AM (UTC) by Zyrexia

I'm trying to figure out how to gag spam.

First off, I apologize for such a long string, but this is what I need to gag:

A Shalonesti Guard yells 'Joruus is trying to escape! PROTECT THE INNOCENT!! ATTACK!!'
An elven guard yells 'Joruus is trying to escape! PROTECT THE INNOCENT!! ATTACK!!'
A Shalonesti Guard yells 'Joruus is trying to escape! PROTECT THE INNOCENT!! ATTACK!!'
An Officer of the Shalonesti Guard yells 'Joruus is trying to escape! PROTECT THE INNOCENT!! ATTACK!!'
The Commander of the Guards yells 'Joruus is trying to escape! PROTECT THE INNOCENT!! ATTACK!!'
An elven guard yells 'Joruus is trying to escape! PROTECT THE INNOCENT!! ATTACK!!'
n elven peace keeper yells 'I'm coming brother!!'
An elven peace keeper yells 'I'm coming brother!!'
An elven guard yells 'I'm coming brother!!'
A Shalonesti Royal Guard yells 'I'm coming brother!!'
The Commander of the Guards yells 'I'm coming brother!!'
A sleeping elven guard yells 'I'm coming brother!!'
The high priest yells 'I'm coming brother!!'
A Shalonesti Guard yells 'I'm coming brother!!'

Basically, they all scream and yell and it gives litterally 8 page scrolls of text and floods everyone off. I believe the MUD is working on it, but for now, I need to gag it.

Now, it's not always going to be like this, because each kingdom has different guard names, as well as the person being named is different, but the premis is basically the same. They all yell the same thing.

If anyone can help me, I will seriously be in your debt.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Ked   Russia  (524 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Thu 13 Feb 2003 06:37 AM (UTC)
This should be fairly straightforward. You need to add the following triggers:

Trigger1:
* yells, '* is trying to escape!PROTECT THE INNOCENT!! ATTACK!!'

Trigger2:
* yells 'I'm coming brother!!'

Make sure that you check the 'Omit from output' option for both of them.

Now, the second trigger might create some unwanted problems, since it might match on a player yelling 'I'm coming brother!!', which isn't such an uncommon thing to yell. If you want to avoid that then instead of Trigger2 put in several triggers:

Trigger2
* elven * yells 'I'm coming brother!!'

Trigger3:
* Guard yells 'I'm coming brother!!'

Trigger4:

Trigger5:
The high priest yells 'I'm coming brother!!'

Don't forget to check the 'Omit from output'. I believe that should cover all the lines you provided.

Or another alternative :P is to make a single regexp trigger from triggers 2-5. Like this:

Trigger2:
(The high priest|The Commander of the Guards|A Shalonesti Royal Guard|An elven peace keeper|An elven guard|A sleeping elven guard) yells \'I\'m coming brother\!\!\'

Check 'Regular expression' and 'Omit from output' options for this version of Trigger2.

I think I covered all possible solutions here :)

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Thu 13 Feb 2003 05:05 PM (UTC)

Amended on Thu 13 Feb 2003 05:07 PM (UTC) by Zyrexia

As I said each Kingdom has different guards, but when someone wanted in that city is sighted, they go after him.

It would be a REAL pain in the ass to have to make a trigger for all the different kinds of guards in each kingdom.

It's like...8 pages of that crap and people literally get flooded off the MUD. As I said before, the implementors are working on fixing it, but until they do, I don't want to get flooded off every five minutes.

I know other clients have really simple ways to gag things, which is why I thought I'd look into it. Everyone on my MUD is teling me to use this and that and since I'm on MUSHclient, I can't take their advice. (90% use Zmud)
[Go to top] top

Posted by Guest1   USA  (256 posts)
Date Reply #3 on Thu 13 Feb 2003 05:22 PM (UTC)

Amended on Thu 13 Feb 2003 05:35 PM (UTC) by Guest1

as long as they all yell the same thing, you dont need to make triggers for each and every one of them..
for all of these:

An Officer of the Shalonesti Guard yells 'Joruus is trying to escape! PROTECT THE INNOCENT!! ATTACK!!'

The Commander of the Guards yells 'Joruus is trying to escape! PROTECT THE INNOCENT!! ATTACK!!'

A Shalonesti Royal Guard yells 'I'm coming brother!!'

you would only need 2 triggers total.. the 2 triggers would be:

* yells 'I'm coming brother!!'

* yells '* is trying to escape! PROTECT THE INNOCENT!! ATTACK!!'

the * substitutes for any mob name. Just set up these 2 triggers and check omit from output and you're done :)
btw, Ked had it right, Ked was just giving you some more possibilities if you did want to see some of those messages.. but doing just the 2 triggers above will ignore them all no matter who says it.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Thu 13 Feb 2003 05:57 PM (UTC)
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

15,382 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]