[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Plugins
. . -> [Subject]  Triggers and aliases, for the use in the realms of Achaea and Aetolia

Triggers and aliases, for the use in the realms of Achaea and Aetolia

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Pages: 1  2  3 4  

Posted by Rakon   USA  (123 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #30 on Fri 22 Jan 2010 03:54 AM (UTC)
Change your scripting language to Python, from Lua.

Yes, I am a criminal.
My crime is that of curiosity.
My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like.
My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Twisol   USA  (2,257 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #31 on Fri 22 Jan 2010 03:56 AM (UTC)
That shouldn't matter in a plugin, should it? The plugin language should work separately from the world language.

'Soludra' on Achaea

Blog: http://jonathan.com/
GitHub: http://github.com/Twisol
[Go to top] top

Posted by Kresslack   (70 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #32 on Fri 22 Jan 2010 04:00 AM (UTC)
I've been using Lua for years....and have never had a problem with plugins that involved having to change to Python.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #33 on Fri 22 Jan 2010 06:19 AM (UTC)

IF you're attempting to use my system. It's not a plugin. It's a WORLD FILE, with it's own script.

Read the textfile that comes with the ZIP PLEASE???
Thank you.

Yes, I am a criminal.
My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like.
My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Twisol   USA  (2,257 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #34 on Fri 22 Jan 2010 06:24 AM (UTC)
Whoops! I assumed we were dealing with plugins because I heard someone say 'plugins'. *cough* Ignore me!

'Soludra' on Achaea

Blog: http://jonathan.com/
GitHub: http://github.com/Twisol
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #35 on Fri 22 Jan 2010 01:00 PM (UTC)
What are you talking about? I thought this was Hathcock's. And the first post says it's a plugin. If I change it to Python is that going to mess anything else up, since I have everything in Lua?
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #36 on Fri 22 Jan 2010 07:41 PM (UTC)
Page 1 of this thread mentions a plugin written by Hathcock, available from here:

http://www.mushclient.com/plugins/HathcockReflexes.xml

This is a *plugin* written in VBscript (not Lua or Python).

However on page 2, I received what I thought was an update to it, so it was added to this thread. This is this file:

http://www.gammon.com.au/mushclient/plugins/Achaea.zip

This is *not* a plugin but an entire world file (Achaea.mcl), plus a script file (Achaea.pys) written in *Python*.

The files in Achaea.zip are not a plugin, and are not intended to be used as one. The first couple of lines of Achaea.mcl are:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<!DOCTYPE muclient>

Since you reported an error message about <!DOCTYPE ...> I am assuming that you have tried to load the Achaea world file as a plugin, unsuccessfully.

You have two options here:

1. Use the plugin on page 1 (the one written in VBscript). This is fairly old (March 2004), and I don't know how well it will work today.

2. Use Rakon's Achaea world file and associated script file (page 2). You need to follow his instructions. Effectively you abandon your current world file and open his (obviously you enter your own character name and password). Read the help files that come in the Helps directory, in particular install.txt.

If you do this then your main world file will be in Python, as that is what the script is designed for. However you can still install your own plugins in Lua. Plugins can be in different languages to the main world file.

Maybe someone will convert Rakon's script and associated triggers etc. into a plugin one day. That would make it a bit easier to use, particularly if they already have lots of triggers of their own, in an existing world file.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #37 on Fri 22 Jan 2010 09:40 PM (UTC)

Amended on Fri 22 Jan 2010 09:51 PM (UTC) by Kresslack

Thanks everyone for explaining and helping me understand. If I get it working I'll convert it to a plugin and add some more stuff in. :)

BTW, I've been trying to install Hath's as a plugin, but I keep getting this like:

Line  400: Attribute name 'sit.' not followed by '=' (problem in this file)

Or I'll get one that says sleep instead of sit, but the same error.

EDIT:

Nevermind, I was able to figure it out!
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #38 on Fri 22 Jan 2010 10:33 PM (UTC)
I'm trying to install Rakon's, and I've done all the steps with installing Python and the extentions, but then I get this:

Script error
World: Kresslack/Achaea
Execution of line 35 column 0
Immediate execution
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<Script Block >", line 35, in <module>
    __version__ = "-- Revision: 6.9c - %s$" % (string.upper(world.GetVariable("Name")))
  File "C:\Python26\Lib\string.py", line 235, in upper
    return s.upper()
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'upper'

Line in error: 
__version__ = "-- Revision: 6.9c - %s$" % (string.upper(world.GetVariable("Name")))
Error context in script:
  31 : 
  32 : 
  33 : __author__ = "Chris Williams - Rakon - <rakon@penguincoder.com"
  34 : __date__ = "08 DEC 2008"
  35*: __version__ = "-- Revision: 6.9c - %s$" % (string.upper(world.GetVariable("Name")))
  36 : __meditversion__ = " - Ver 4.9 "
  37 : 
  38 : 
  39 : 

Any ideas?
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #39 on Sat 23 Jan 2010 03:27 AM (UTC)
Template:post=9844 Please see the forum thread: http://gammon.com.au/forum/?id=9844.

It's all there. Even the error message is the same.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #40 on Sat 23 Jan 2010 05:15 AM (UTC)

That error is just my script file looking to capitalize your characters name (from a mushclient variable). It doesn't exist though, until you run the racs_setup command.

Just add a variable 'name' with your characters name, 'Kresslack' into it. That'll fix the error.

Yes, I am a criminal.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #41 on Sat 23 Jan 2010 05:36 AM (UTC)

Amended on Sat 23 Jan 2010 06:34 AM (UTC) by Kresslack

I've installed ActivePython, and did all that, but when I type racs_setup nothing happens and it asks me if I want to connect to Achaea. I put the name variable in, now it's nagging me for the maxsip variable. Hmm...I'll try looking over the guides again and double checking.

EDIT:

Ok seems to be working now. So the new window that the Achaea.mcl opens up will be my main save file from now on? Might take some getting used to, font is a lot smaller and stuff than what I was using.

Did get this though:

Quote:

<DEFENSE>: Script error
World: Achaea
Execution of line 140 column 0
Immediate execution
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<Script Block 1289>", line 1, in <module>
al_defdwn("Mass")
File "<Script Block >", line 140, in al_defdwn
world.ColourNote("white","black", "%s DOWN!" % ((string.upper(str(wildcards[0])),(string.upper(st)))))
NameError: global name 'st' is not defined

Line in error:
world.ColourNote("white","black", "%s DOWN!" % ((string.upper(str(wildcards[0])),(string.upper(st)))))

I noticed when I turned on Enable, it cures good, but damn I was getting spammed with loops, the messages where you try to send a command to the world when it's not an action.

Damn nice system though. I'm liking it a lot.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #42 on Sat 23 Jan 2010 08:29 AM (UTC)
Type:
shelp contact

While the system is working

I'll try to help you fix a few things

IF THAT doesn't work,
AIM- rakonshuin

Yes, I am a criminal.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #43 on Sat 23 Jan 2010 12:42 PM (UTC)
Yeah it's not recognizing the directory for the help files.

6.0 SYSTEM HELP -- CONTACT INFORMATION

Crap! The help file (./\Helps\info.txt) wasn't found! Try reinstalling??

TraceBack:
[Errno 2] No such file or directory: './\\Helps\\info.txt'
No match found for "cures".
Trying a search...

Sorry, No match found.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #44 on Sat 23 Jan 2010 12:59 PM (UTC)

I developed the system on my computer, obviously for me. (Linux here), so I'm not too sure what the proper directory / file calling format is for windows.

If the ZIP file has the 'helps' directory, move that entire folder to your MUSHclient directory instead. So if the MUSHclient folder is in your 'Program files' folder, the path to the Helps directory should be :
C:\Program Files\MUSHclient\Helps

Also, I don't know the font you're using, but the font I use on my computer for MUSH/ anything Mono is
Bitstream Vera Sans Mono.

You can download the fonts from - http://www.gnome.org/fonts/ -

Unpack the zip, and place the font files in your Windows/fonts file. Then restart MUSHclient. The proper font SHOULD be rendered then. If not, you can go to GAME>CONIFIGURE>OUTPUT, and change the font to it.

Yes, I am a criminal.
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

149,066 views.

This is page 3, subject is 4 pages long:  [Previous page]  1  2  3 4  [Next page]

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]