[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  SMAUG
. -> [Folder]  Compiling the server
. . -> [Subject]  Hp/Mana gain

Hp/Mana gain

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Tenchi   (7 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Sun 29 Jul 2001 12:54 AM (UTC)
I don't like the gaining of HP and Mana in the current smaug. Is there an easy fix as how to assign (even better, a range of assigning with the minimum as the last stat)?

If you have a steady gain of say.. 2 hp.. at the start of the levels, you're accomplishing more percentage then when you're at say.. level 99 (I changed the max levels). The difference between a level 95 and a level 99 is so little, that they can kill each other off quite easily then say.. a level 1 to a level 5.

Thanks
-Tenchi

P.S> It's great seeing someone who's been dedicated to helping others for so long. Thanks Gammon!
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,982 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Sun 29 Jul 2001 02:55 AM (UTC)

Amended on Sun 29 Jul 2001 02:56 AM (UTC) by Nick Gammon

I'm not sure I quite understand your new method, but I would look at the function advance_level in file update.c.

That is where it calculates the HP gain.

Oh, and thanks for the thank you. :)

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Mon 30 Jul 2001 06:52 AM (UTC)
I mean.. I want to set each level's hp/mana/move by level

Why?

At level say.. 1.. you gain more % of your stats.

At level 99, you gain a much less % of your stats, and thus leveling doesn't change much as a whole. You only gain maybe 8-10 out of around 500+

What I am trying to do is set predefined level stats then plus a roll modifier. IE

level 1 your hp would have 1d8+50
level 2 your hp would have 1d8+60
at level 98, your hp would have say.. 2d100+10000
at level 99, your hp would have.. 3d100+12000

I hope I that helps with understanding what I'm trying to think up here ^^; My main goal is to have players still want to level with appropriet rewards, instead of a measly 8 hit points when you already have ten thousand hp
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,982 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #3 on Mon 30 Jul 2001 09:13 PM (UTC)
Already that function does a table lookup - it calculates hp to add from a table (con_app) based on current constitution. You could replace that with a table lookup of the numbers you choose and use the "dice" function to randomise it a bit.

add_hp = con_app[get_curr_con(ch)].hitp + number_range
(
class_table[ch->class]->hp_min,
class_table[ch->class]->hp_max
);

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Tue 31 Jul 2001 02:38 AM (UTC)
But what about the different classes? How would I give each class their own set of numbers?
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #5 on Tue 31 Jul 2001 04:55 AM (UTC)
By having a table per class. Make a structure that holds the 3 numbers (eg. 5 d 6 + 8) and then create an array of those structures, one for each class. Then depending on the class index into the appropriate array.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

14,489 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]