[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Bug reports
. . -> [Subject]  Error 10065

Error 10065

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Pages: 1  2  3 4  

Posted by Tycho   (14 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #30 on Sat 08 Jan 2005 02:09 AM (UTC)
and call me an idiot...but what is telenet? cus i've never heard of that before in my life.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #31 on Sat 08 Jan 2005 02:10 AM (UTC)
[Go to top] top

Posted by David Haley   USA  (3,881 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #32 on Sat 08 Jan 2005 02:14 AM (UTC)
Telnet is a client for plain text communication with a server. You probably have it on your Windows computer: just go to start -> run and type "telnet" - that should give you a prompt.

MUD clients such as MUSHclient are, sort of, very sophisticated pseudo-telnet clients. Ideally, people can connect to a MUD with either a telnet equivalent or a MUD client and get the same game experience. MUD clients tend to add things like macro/trigger/logging/etc. support. Telnet just lets you type and be typed at. :-)

David Haley aka Ksilyan
Head Programmer,
Legends of the Darkstone

http://david.the-haleys.org
[Go to top] top

Posted by Flannel   USA  (1,230 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #33 on Sat 08 Jan 2005 02:15 AM (UTC)
start > run and type in "telnet" hit enter.

then at the prompt, type "o [host]:[port]"
You can view the help by typing "?".

Telnet is a protocol. Muds use telnet, mud clients are just fancy telnet clients.

And on a side note, you can edit your posts by clicking on the edit button (while logged in).

~Flannel

Messiah of Rose
Eternity's Trials.

Clones are people two.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #34 on Sat 08 Jan 2005 02:15 AM (UTC)
ok, no telnet isnt on my computer but i found a place to download it, now before i do i just want to make sure. Telnet does stand a good chance of fixing the problem right?
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #35 on Sat 08 Jan 2005 02:18 AM (UTC)
ok nevermind im a liar. I do have telnet i just have no clue how to use it for anything.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #36 on Sat 08 Jan 2005 02:26 AM (UTC)
type "o [host]:[port]" of your mud server. We're trying to get a 'second opinion' of if the server is down (or if its Mushclient, or a problem with TCP/IP).

If you have any friends who also play, you could ask them (assuming you can get ahold of them at the moment) or if your server has a website that reports whether it is up or down, check that as well.
I believe the mud connector has a page to check if your mud is up.

~Flannel

Messiah of Rose
Eternity's Trials.

Clones are people two.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #37 on Sat 08 Jan 2005 02:32 AM (UTC)
I'm almost willing to bet that its the TC/IP. im going to try to get on useing telnet cus i think i worked it out with my simplton mind....here goes nothin
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #38 on Sat 08 Jan 2005 02:35 AM (UTC)
nope...still nada. I also am starting to get anouther error message as well. This one is 11001 i think, or maybe it was 10011. one of those two but it says that it is unable to resolve host name.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #39 on Sat 08 Jan 2005 02:36 AM (UTC)

Amended on Sat 08 Jan 2005 02:37 AM (UTC) by Flannel

Whats the server info? Check on Mudconnector to see if it's up.

What makes you think its TCP/IP?
You can go ahead and reinstall your protocol, see if it helps.

~Flannel

Messiah of Rose
Eternity's Trials.

Clones are people two.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #40 on Sat 08 Jan 2005 02:38 AM (UTC)
at least the TPC/IP on my version. My friend got on just fne and is talking to the game staff about my problem, they're trying to figure out whats going on too. so i know that the game server is up so it must be something else
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #41 on Sat 08 Jan 2005 02:46 AM (UTC)
now, if i wanted to reinstall my protocol, how would i go about doing that?
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #42 on Sat 08 Jan 2005 02:49 AM (UTC)
Can you connect to any other mud servers?
If you can, it's not a protocol problem (or a Mushclient problem).

Double check your firewall settings.

~Flannel

Messiah of Rose
Eternity's Trials.

Clones are people two.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #43 on Sat 08 Jan 2005 02:51 AM (UTC)
problem 1. I only know of 1 game and this one is listed as a MOO

Problem 2. Dont know how to get to my firewall. my computer has a sercurity stsyem like a labridth
[Go to top] top

Posted by David Haley   USA  (3,881 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #44 on Sat 08 Jan 2005 08:29 AM (UTC)
I'm willing to bet you a great deal that the problem is not coming from a faulty installation of your TCP/IP protocol... do you think yourself a victim of a conspiracy theory? :-)

Think about it a bit - you're posting here aren't you? Clearly your networking is working right at least for that much. There are many factors here; for one, it might be as simple as a firewall blocking the port somewhere along the way.

I would suggest that you talk to a system administrator or somebody who can help you out locally to figure out your computer system. This kind of problem is extremely difficult to debug remotely if you can't look at your firewall and tell us something about its settings.

David Haley aka Ksilyan
Head Programmer,
Legends of the Darkstone

http://david.the-haleys.org
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

100,855 views.

This is page 3, subject is 4 pages long:  [Previous page]  1  2  3 4  [Next page]

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]