[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Bug reports
. . -> [Subject]  Memory usage stays high after reducing output buffer.

Memory usage stays high after reducing output buffer.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Cipri   Netherlands  (18 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Thu 06 Sep 2001 07:14 AM (UTC)
I normally have 7 worlds open, each set to handle up to 500,000 lines. When I searched through all the text in all the windows, memory had gone up from 65MB to close to 120MB of ram used. Now this ain't a problem, but when I tried to reduce it by setting all output buffers at 5000 lines, the program was busy for a bit, there were way less lines in my buffer, but even now, minutes later, it's still at 120MB of ram. You'd expect it to drop when you lower the amount of lines.

Line usage:
World1: 10176
World2: 16667
World3: 32211
World4: 7170
World5: 9666
World6: 30474
World7: 40264
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,982 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Thu 06 Sep 2001 10:54 PM (UTC)
Once your process has taken that much memory it probably still has it regardless of what MUSHclient might do.

It should be better if you close the program and start it up again.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Cipri   Netherlands  (18 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Sun 09 Sep 2001 11:36 AM (UTC)
It eventually went down to 56MB again, and, after running a program called `CleanMyMemory`, I got it down to 16MB :)
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

10,653 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]