[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  SMAUG
. -> [Folder]  SMAUG coding
. . -> [Subject]  Skill Code Implementation

Skill Code Implementation

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Dralnu   USA  (277 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Fri 29 Apr 2005 10:23 PM (UTC)

Amended on Sat 30 Apr 2005 09:50 PM (UTC) by Dralnu

Trying to get a new skill added in, and whenever I sset code do_camouflage, it says it doesn't exist. Help

Edit: I copied the code and did the nessesary ajustments to the code to get it to work. Yes, the thing compiled, and yes, I put the spelling in correctly, but thats about it...

Edit #2: I've doubles the number in MAX_SKILLS, and looked through the docs w/ the thing and I see nothing useful. I used a copy of do_hide to make the skill, and all that seems missing is something to allow me to add the code to the skill.

Edit #3: Anything that could cause Cygwin to not allow functions to be added?
[Go to top] top

Posted by Gatewaysysop2   USA  (146 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Mon 02 May 2005 04:24 AM (UTC)

Amended on Mon 02 May 2005 04:26 AM (UTC) by Gatewaysysop2

sset code do_camouflage

I'm assuming that's not actually what you entered? Shouldn't it be something like sset camouflage create, sset camouflage code do_camouflage (should already be the default, no?)?

With regards to compiling and all, did you make sure to add this to the appropriate places in tables.c ? If you're actually entering the right syntax and getting the message that it's not found, that may be the problem.

Hope that help somewhat, if not, maybe post a log of the commands you're using in game and the exact response you're getting? That might help also.

"The world of men is dreaming, it has gone mad in its sleep, and a snake is strangling it, but it can't wake up." -D.H. Lawrence
[Go to top] top

Posted by Txzeenath   USA  (54 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Mon 02 May 2005 02:27 PM (UTC)
Lol me and dralnu tried getting this to work probably for an hour, had him add tables.c, mud.h, even had him try making it as a command with cedit, and it will doesn't aknowledge the new function. Either it's a horrible typo every time, or somethin really weird is screwed up lol.

Darkness comes along thy path, searching, wanting, calling wrath,
shadows awaken, release the light, one and only.. here to fight,
challenge the darkness, the shadows they call, hunting the living,
more and all. Roaring thunder, full of hate, a single bound, seals
your fate.

-Txzeenath

telnet://divineright.org:8088
Alumuble Arda -
*Player owned shops, clans, and housing
*Multiclass & Stat training
*Random mob name generation implemented and Overland mapping.
*Realistic equipment statistics
*Interactive enviroment(weather/sectors)
*Weapon sheaths(scabbards), Throwing weapons
*Automatic crash recovery, saving, and reporting without disconnecting
*Fully customizeable color, Automapper, "Smart" mobiles, Hiscore tables, and more!

Currently running AGE v1.9.6(Originated and modified from Smaug 1.4a)
[Go to top] top

Posted by Zeno   USA  (2,871 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Mon 02 May 2005 03:41 PM (UTC)

Amended on Mon 02 May 2005 03:42 PM (UTC) by Zeno

Could you post the function first line (where the function name is, etc), the line in mud.h, and the two lines in tables.c here?

Zeno McDohl,
Owner of Bleached InuYasha Galaxy
http://www.biyg.org
[Go to top] top

Posted by Dralnu   USA  (277 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #4 on Mon 02 May 2005 07:46 PM (UTC)
I deleted the entire server after trying to install Dlsyn (something like that), since I didn't feel like messing with it, and until I get some other things done up, I'm just going to leave the skills/spells as is, but once I do if I get the same problem I'll post it here.
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

15,504 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]