[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Output window

Output window

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Yungen2003   USA  (34 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Sat 05 Nov 2005 09:57 PM (UTC)

Amended on Sat 05 Nov 2005 09:58 PM (UTC) by Yungen2003

ok i got a chatlog setup but now i want it to put it out in html any idea so far i got this

i want it to look identical to what the mud looks like in color wise black background etc

* howls '*'

AppendToNotepad "Chats", "%0" & VBCrLf

I belive a man should be judged by the quality of his work not the quality of his piss
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Sat 05 Nov 2005 11:13 PM (UTC)
There is already an HTML log option in MUSHclient that preserves colours, why not use that?

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Sun 06 Nov 2005 12:18 AM (UTC)
i dont want all of it i just want the chats

also i got a trigger

its

^. * (?!chat|chats|howls|tells the group|snarls).+ '*'.+$

but i cant get it to work any ideas?

I belive a man should be judged by the quality of his work not the quality of his piss
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #3 on Sun 06 Nov 2005 04:25 AM (UTC)

• Make a trigger that matches your chat stuff (like you had), and make it sequence 80, and do *not* check "keep evaluating". This will make the chats get logged.

• Make a trigger to match everything (like match "*"), make it sequence 90, and check "omit from log file". Also check "keep evaluating" so that other triggers can still match.

What this will do is only log the chats. The first trigger will log chats, the 2nd trigger stops everything else from being logged.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Sun 06 Nov 2005 10:14 AM (UTC)
ok well i think that will work altho i cant be sure till i get the first chat logging trigger to work. right now it just wont log anything
the current trigger is

^. * (?!chat|chats|howls|tells the group|snarls).+ '*'.+$

sequence 100 regular expression checked i cant get that to owkr

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #5 on Sun 06 Nov 2005 03:49 PM (UTC)
here are a few examples as to what it looks like when someone tells chats etc...

Kyrnn the werewolf growls 'sure they do'.

Kyrnn the werewolf ClanChats 'Ok'

Saleha chats 'I'm tiny :P'

Kyrnn the werewolf chats 'yes you are'

You chat '=p'

Kyrnn tells the group 'hmmm'.

they go on but those are just a few examples i want a trigger that can consider all those types

so far its like this

^* (chat|chats|howls|tells the group|snarls|bitches|shouts|tells you|clan chats|growls|growl) .+$

but i keep getting a error called nothing to repeat....im confused as to that....

if someone could figure this out it would be much appreciated...

[Go to top] top

Posted by Flannel   USA  (1,230 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #6 on Sun 06 Nov 2005 09:59 PM (UTC)
You're mixing Regular Expressions and non regular expressions.

Your first asterisk (second character) means 'zero or more of the preceeding character', without anything prior to duplicate.

Try this:
^(.*?) (chats?|howls|tells the group|snarls) '(.*)'.?$

Is there a period at the end of each line? And what is with your .+ after your options? Is there something else that might show up there? You might have to also take into account extra whitespace (some servers include a space after the period, just be aware of it).

~Flannel

Messiah of Rose
Eternity's Trials.

Clones are people two.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #7 on Sun 06 Nov 2005 11:05 PM (UTC)
ok cool that trigger worked now for the part i was talking about earlier.....the reason i didnt use the log is because it wouldnt update in real time like a in mushclient notepad would.....thats why i didnt do it ....is there away to get around it not updating in real time?

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #8 on Mon 07 Nov 2005 02:30 AM (UTC)
Update what in real time? You are outputting HTML, so what is going to read it and update in real time?

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #9 on Tue 08 Nov 2005 02:55 AM (UTC)

they have a window in the program that updates in real time and has all the style of the mud

thats what im wanting to achive in mushclient im sure in one of the script languages there is some way to achive this

it updates it in real time and you can watch the screen for chats ie if your spamemd out

the screen would look something like this

this is the top

======================================
chat logs with color etc...... |
|
|
|
|
|
mud screen |
|
|
|
command line |

but id be willing to sacrifice the in same screen function to just have the colors in another tabed window

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #10 on Tue 08 Nov 2005 09:46 PM (UTC)

When you said "chatlog" I thought you wanted to simply log chats, maybe to put on a web page somewhere.

The concept of separate chat windows has been discussed at some length in the past, see this thread:

http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/bbshowpost.php?bbsubject_id=4286

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

27,990 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]