[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  triggers firing off other triggers

triggers firing off other triggers

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Dragish   USA  (10 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Tue 08 Nov 2005 06:26 AM (UTC)

Amended on Tue 08 Nov 2005 07:34 AM (UTC) by Dragish

i have an item in my game that produces regeants, i have a ticker to pull the items out, then a trigger to take what comes out and put it in certain bags. ive also set up triggers in case those bags are full to drop that reagent, but those triggers never fire, is this a bug or a scripting error on my part?

also i want to have 2 triggers firing off the same line, but only one of them works.

the line is this [CLAN] Edyle has entered Materia Magica.
now my specific trigger for when he enters fires, but the logger one which fires off [CLAN] * doesnt. i can post the specifics if you need
[Go to top] top

Posted by Flannel   USA  (1,230 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Tue 08 Nov 2005 09:00 AM (UTC)
Triggers by default stop the further processing of triggers. However, you can get them to let the line fall through by checking the 'keep evaluating' box. Also, if you want the two triggers to match in a specific order, you'll need to change the sequence of one of them (lower is earlier).

As to the first problem (the triggers never firing), could you give us more information (and the triggers/etc involved?) it's hard to tell with what you've given so far.

~Flannel

Messiah of Rose
Eternity's Trials.

Clones are people two.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Dragish   USA  (10 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Tue 08 Nov 2005 05:24 PM (UTC)
that keep evaluating box works wonders :)
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

12,988 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]