[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  SMAUG
. -> [Folder]  SMAUG coding
. . -> [Subject]  room program help needed

room program help needed

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Ghsthntr   USA  (10 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Tue 10 Apr 2007 12:30 AM (UTC)
Okay, its been awhile since i played with programs and triggers. What i am looking for is is there a way to make the trigger ask a question wait for a response and act on the response through an if then statement.

if there is a way to accomplish this what would be an example that i could use to meet my needs.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Zeno   USA  (2,871 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Tue 10 Apr 2007 01:26 AM (UTC)
What would trigger the question to be asked?

Zeno McDohl,
Owner of Bleached InuYasha Galaxy
http://www.biyg.org
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Tue 10 Apr 2007 01:41 AM (UTC)
well its activated by speech. im trying to make a vending machine that is voice activated. so by example i would use a key phrase to activate the device then say what i wanted, and after have the device deactivate.

my problem is that if i use multi triggers looking for the options i keep setting them off with basic dialog with. what i was hopping was that i could have that trigger phrase in place so that wouldn't happen any more.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #3 on Tue 10 Apr 2007 01:46 AM (UTC)
If you're trying to only allow the response to be triggered after the player asks already sees the question, then it's not possible with stock progs. Of course, it'd be easy enough to code something in. For example, the snippet for qbits/abits would solve this.

Zeno McDohl,
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Tue 10 Apr 2007 01:48 AM (UTC)
ok, thanks I've been scratching my head for day on this one.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Meerclar   USA  (733 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #5 on Wed 11 Apr 2007 03:49 PM (UTC)
Actually, it *is* possible but its rather convoluted. Have the trigger phrase give the player a token, they dont even have to be able to see it, and check for possession of the token in the checks for goods from the machine. You can either have the tokens decay on their own or have the machine grab and destroy them when it shuts down.

Meerclar - Lord of Cats
Coder, Builder, and Tormenter of Mortals
Stormbringer: Rebirth
storm-bringer.org:4500
www.storm-bringer.org
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #6 on Wed 11 Apr 2007 04:42 PM (UTC)
Then you run into problems such as the players inven is full, their mental state is bad, etc. There are multiple things that could go wrong there.

Zeno McDohl,
[Go to top] top

Posted by Meerclar   USA  (733 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #7 on Wed 11 Apr 2007 08:20 PM (UTC)
Perhaps, but I'm only attempting to answer the question as asked instead of reading issues that don't exist into it.

Meerclar - Lord of Cats
Coder, Builder, and Tormenter of Mortals
Stormbringer: Rebirth
storm-bringer.org:4500
www.storm-bringer.org
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

20,519 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]