[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Miniwindows
. . -> [Subject]  Examples of what you can do with miniwindows

Examples of what you can do with miniwindows

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Pages: 1  2  3 4  

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #30 on Fri 21 May 2010 10:07 PM (UTC)
This is a screenshot of the data I showed above:

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #31 on Fri 21 May 2010 10:16 PM (UTC)
Hidden away in the plugin is an idea I was working on - a "rating" for weapons. See below, the rating is circled. This is calculated based on the "standard" damage a weapon of a certain level does, and indicates if this weapon does more or less than the standard damage. It is intended to see if the weapon is "better" than another one, for its level.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #32 on Fri 21 May 2010 10:19 PM (UTC)
If you hit the "combine" link, then multiple items of the same type are combined, to save space and where you don't care for the mouse-over detail about each one:

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #33 on Sat 22 May 2010 12:35 AM (UTC)
I have added the "movewindow" code to the above plugin.

http://github.com/nickgammon/plugins/blob/master/aardwolf/Aardwolf_Inventory_v3.xml

In particular, in this commit:

http://github.com/nickgammon/plugins/commit/268a89ca386

You can now drag the inventory around by clicking on the top line of the inventory, however not on the part saying "- Inventory -" because if you mouse-over that particular spot a summary of your inventory appears. However to the left or right of the center should work.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #34 on Sat 22 May 2010 12:37 AM (UTC)
Example of the inventory summary (mouse-over the middle of the top line):

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #35 on Sat 22 May 2010 01:04 AM (UTC)

When first used it tries to get spell information. I got an error when doing that, but after closing and re-opening the world it seemed to go away, so not sure about that.

The problem there turns out to be that the spell information is too long and the server truncates it, or disconnects you.

As a workaround, if you close the world and re-open at least some of the spell stuff is saved, and it works more or less.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Posted by Crowe   (21 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #36 on Sat 25 Dec 2010 09:43 PM (UTC)
I tried to load this plugin on the new Aardwolf Plugin Setup and could not get a inventory window. The plugin would load. Are there any suggestions at getting it to work?
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #37 on Sat 25 Dec 2010 10:13 PM (UTC)
I'm not sure that Aardwolf sends out the codes I used when I wrote this. Make sure that the inventory tags are turned on (they may have only been on the test server).

Try asking on the Tech channel in Aardwolf, someone there may be able to help.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Posted by Tseris   (98 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #38 on Wed 29 Dec 2010 05:15 AM (UTC)
Reading though this thread a few times I think Im a little confused as to what the problem is. Is there difficulty with listing different items on another tab of the same miniwindow, or is it a problem of wanting to write another entire window with its own tabs and the two conflicting?

Personally I could do without the drag-and-drop functionality, I think the "action mouseclick popup" is more than enough. What I would like to be able to do is only have one miniwindow with tabs like this, but then have the tabs be along the lines of:

"Inventory" "Equip" "Score" "Skills" "Map?"

So I guess thats why it comes down to whether its a problem of drawing inventory and equipment off of two tabs on the same window, or two entirely different windows.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #39 on Wed 29 Dec 2010 05:57 AM (UTC)
I think you are referring to a different problem here. The earlier problem was that to have two "inventory-like" windows was a major rewrite because I used names in the plugin that didn't lend themselves to duplication. For example, a window for a shop, a window for your equipped items, and a window for your inventory.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Posted by Tseris   (98 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #40 on Wed 29 Dec 2010 06:08 AM (UTC)
So, with the understanding that I would have to tailor the output for each tab to match the information for my own mud, is something like what Im describing workable with this plugin? I know I can make separate windows, one for inventory, one for worn equipment, one for score, etc, but having them together with the tabs looks very clean and space saving.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #41 on Wed 29 Dec 2010 11:35 PM (UTC)
Yes that should be achievable. Instead of splitting into tabs by category you could split by what you said.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Posted by Wam   (3 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #42 on Tue 01 Mar 2011 08:55 AM (UTC)
Hi, when I try to load v3 into Aardwolf I get this error,

Line 79: Elements terminated out of sequence, expected </meta>, got </head> (Cannot load)

Is there anything im doing wrong or somthing I can change easily for it to work?
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #43 on Tue 01 Mar 2011 10:00 PM (UTC)
There is no </head> in the plugin. Sounds like you have a web page.

Follow the link to GitHub, then use the Download button to get a copy of the plugin.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Posted by Jazt   USA  (1 post)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #44 on Tue 13 Dec 2011 01:59 PM (UTC)
Do I need additional plug-ins for the inventory window to be displayed (playing aardwoldf)?

I added AFK_Detector, Playing_Detector, and Create_World_File as well as Aardwolf_Inventory_v3 from the repo.

All I get is:
{/invdata}
my
inventory
listed
as item
numbers, etc
{/invdata}

displayed in the main window twice, so I feel like I am missing something to handle sending this to a separate window and squelching the main output. The drop trigger seems to activate the same as above.

Thanks in advance.
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

147,876 views.

This is page 3, subject is 4 pages long:  [Previous page]  1  2  3 4  [Next page]

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]