[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Plugins
. . -> [Subject]  Mapper plug-in

Mapper plug-in

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Bayle   (5 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Sun 03 Oct 2010 12:09 AM (UTC)

Trying to get the Achaea atcp mapper working, and I can't seem to get it right.

I'm assuming here that loading create_ATCP_Map_Achaea and using 'create map database' would load a working map to use with the mapper. Except that I can't seem to get a map out of it, just the map creator (following and creating rooms/exits as you move).

So, any help in getting that map going would be greatly appreciated, and terribly sorry if I misunderstood and it's not supposed to just hand you a map (you need to run around and map everything first)!
[Go to top] top

Posted by LezChap   (36 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Sun 03 Oct 2010 01:20 AM (UTC)
I wonder...are they using the same database file? The database table/record/field format is the same...
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #2 on Sun 03 Oct 2010 03:16 AM (UTC)
Did you grab the XML map data from Achaea? Do you get some sort of error message?

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #3 on Sun 03 Oct 2010 03:26 AM (UTC)

I wonder...are they using the same database file? The database table/record/field format is the same...

Good point. Assuming that the creator runs without any noticeable error messages, see if you got a reasonable size (and recent) database in your MUSHclient directory.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Sun 03 Oct 2010 03:31 AM (UTC)
Yeah, I got the map, loaded up the database creator plug-in, used the create database command and it processed fine (gave me a note with rooms and areas and such that were processed) but the map doesn't display. For a bit, I had trouble getting any sort of map to show, but now it's just the follow mapper, even after processing the achaea map.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Twisol   USA  (2,257 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #5 on Sun 03 Oct 2010 03:56 AM (UTC)
Just a guess, but make sure "Convert IAC EOR/GA to newline" is checked, in Game -> Configure -> Output.

'Soludra' on Achaea

Blog: http://jonathan.com/
GitHub: http://github.com/Twisol
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #6 on Sun 03 Oct 2010 04:43 AM (UTC)
Check inside your MUSHclient directory. For example I have a file like this:

4111360 Sep 22 13:50 achaea.com_23.db

But if you have two files, eg.

4111360 Sep 22 12:10 achaea.com_23.db
   38912 Oct  3 13:50 achaea.com_4000.db

Then that suggests that the larger one is the output from the database creation, and the small one is the "map as you walk".

Try renaming or copying the larger file to be the same name as the smaller one (make a backup first in case this doesn't work).

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #7 on Sun 03 Oct 2010 05:44 AM (UTC)

achaea.com_23.db
achaea.com_23_bookmarks.db
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #8 on Sun 03 Oct 2010 05:58 AM (UTC)

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #9 on Sun 03 Oct 2010 06:05 AM (UTC)
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #10 on Sun 03 Oct 2010 06:37 AM (UTC)
So far so good, 4 Mb sounds about right. Now which mapper exactly are you using? Can you give me the link you got it from?

Achaea have been changing from ATCP to ATCP2/GMCP so maybe their protocol has altered a bit. Twisol might be more abreast of that than me.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Posted by Twisol   USA  (2,257 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #11 on Sun 03 Oct 2010 09:46 AM (UTC)
Twisol might be more abreast of that than me.

Afraid not, I haven't played Achaea seriously in a few months. I have no reason to think they'd change ATCP though: it's been pretty much the same for a long time, and GMCP's where the new stuff is.

'Soludra' on Achaea

Blog: http://jonathan.com/
GitHub: http://github.com/Twisol
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #12 on Sun 03 Oct 2010 11:24 PM (UTC)

Trying to get the Achaea atcp mapper working, and I can't

I need to know which mapper exactly you are using. There were earlier versions posted on these pages, and a probably more up-to-date one as part of the MUSHclient release (ATCP_Mapper.xml).

Meanwhile, the IRE guys are making improvements to their ATCP protocol, so it is a bit of a race to check which version of which mapper works with which version of their MUD. It's a bit of a moving target unfortunately. However if it maps as you walk around you are probably 90% there.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

26,972 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]