[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Gammon Software Solutions forum

See www.mushclient.com/spam for dealing with forum spam. Please read the MUSHclient FAQ!

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  Area Editor
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Skill list not loaded
Home  |  Users  |  Search  |  FAQ
Username:
Register forum user name
Password:
Forgotten password?

Skill list not loaded

[Reply to this subject]  Reply to this subject   [New subject]  Start a new subject   [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Twist   USA  (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Fri 14 Mar 2003 12:47 AM (UTC)  quote  ]
As you already know from all my emails I've been sending you i'm a real newbie with this area editing stuff. Ok here is the problem and I know its not a bug because I've seen other posts here about it. Unfortunately although I know its been answered already I can't seem to totally undestand
the answer. So i'll spit out the scenario of what's going on, in my own newbie kind of way and hope you can help me out.
I was trying to make my first area, after I was all done I went to file and tried to save. The first message I got was skills list not loaded. So I go to skills and try to load it. I get the message: c:\unzipped\areaeditor131[1] skills.dat This file cannot be found. Make sure that the correct path and file name are given.
By the way under skills tab, closed skills and edit skills are greyed out. Now I know I read some where on the forum that this file is already in smaug. But my question is how do I get it into the area editor so that I can load the skills and the commands list? Which is what i'm assuming I need to do in order to save my area, right? Also the AE i'm using is not yet registered. Could this possibly be part of my problem? Please help
Twist
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (19,188 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Fri 14 Mar 2003 03:58 AM (UTC)  quote  ]
In order to do various things as part of the saving (I don't remember right now what they are) you need your skills file "loaded".

You can do this by going to the Skills menu and selecting "Load skills". Then choose the file skills.dat that should be in the SMAUG system folder. If it isn't, you have other troubles. :)

Do the same things for Commands and Socials. Then the area should save. You can automate this process by going to the File menu -> Preferences, and filling in the locations of those three files (use the Browse buttons). Then it will load the appropriate files every time.

This is not an unregistered program issue.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (19,188 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #2 on Fri 14 Mar 2003 04:29 AM (UTC)  quote  ]

c:\unzipped\areaeditor131[1] skills.dat

I am a bit suspicious of this filename. Looks like a slash missing. I wouldn't have square brackets in my file/folder names, and make sure you use the browse button to find it.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

1,900 views.

[Reply to this subject]  Reply to this subject   [New subject]  Start a new subject   [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( http://www.gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Internet Contents Rating Association (ICRA) - 2K]    [Web site powered by FutureQuest.Net]