[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Gammon Software Solutions forum

See www.mushclient.com/spam for dealing with forum spam. Please read the MUSHclient FAQ!

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  capturing output
Home  |  Users  |  Search  |  FAQ
Username:
Register forum user name
Password:
Forgotten password?

capturing output

[Reply to this subject]  Reply to this subject   [New subject]  Start a new subject   [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Khavalin   (1 post)  [Biography] bio
Date Thu 14 Aug 2003 11:36 AM (UTC)  quote  ]
I feel pretty stupid for posting about this, because given the time I've put into trying to figure this out, you'd think I'd at least be able to know whether it can be done. Then again, it's 4:30 am, and I've been up goin' on 48 hours!

Anyway. In Zmud you could use the capture command in triggers, which was particularly useful for separating out things like channels. You'd put in something like #capture channels and the channel name (like [ooc], [ic], etc) and it would all show up in a neat little window at the top of the screen. How can I configure Mushclient to do this? I'm losing conversations from channels and tells left and right when I'm fighting and I'd love to know if I can fix that.

Thanks!
[Go to top] top

Posted by Meerclar   USA  (569 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Thu 14 Aug 2003 04:44 PM (UTC)  quote  ]
Easiest solution is probably designing a trigger for each channel to have the text sent to notepad. There should be plenty of exampls handy if ya search the forum for notepad or channel.

Meerclar - Lord of Cats
Coder, Builder, and Tormenter of Mortals
Stormbringer: Rebirth
storm-bringer.org:4500
www.storm-bringer.org
[Go to top] top

Posted by Cuprohastes   (14 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Fri 15 Aug 2003 03:30 PM (UTC)  quote  ]
My kludge is to use triggers... if you name a trigger, it creates it's own notepad window, and if you don't name the trigger it goes to a generic notepad window.
So ig you have a trigger for says, e.g.

^(\*w) says .* to you^
called Says

,all the output that matches will go to a notepad called "says"

And

^(\*w) pages .* to you^

^(\w*) whispers .* to you^

which are un-named, would both go to the same un-named window.
I also find it helpful to have a different sound for each trigger so i know which window is up-dating
[Go to top] top

Posted by Poromenos   Greece  (1,037 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Fri 15 Aug 2003 09:21 PM (UTC)  quote  ]
Do you think that a plugin which stores channels and then recalls them with a command would be useful? Like, you type "chanrec", and it displays what happened since the last command, or since you started logging:
Poromenos says 'hi!'
Poromenos tells you 'are you there?'
Poromenos: Hi all!
etc etc...
Of course, the channel triggers would be customizable... It would capture anything you specified, and designing it should be a piece of cake... I can give it a shot if you'd find it useful...

Vidi, Vici, Veni.
http://porocrom.poromenos.org/ Read it!
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (19,363 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #4 on Sat 16 Aug 2003 05:58 AM (UTC)  quote  ]
I have started work on a VB program (similar in concept to my super progress bar, recently posted) which would let you hive off channels into separate windows, in little boxes. In other words, into a totally separate program.

However the colour progress bar itself shows the general idea.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

2,198 views.

[Reply to this subject]  Reply to this subject   [New subject]  Start a new subject   [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( http://www.gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Internet Contents Rating Association (ICRA) - 2K]    [Web site powered by FutureQuest.Net]