[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  SMAUG
. -> [Folder]  SMAUG coding
. . -> [Subject]  Compass Display Snippet and my own stupidity

Compass Display Snippet and my own stupidity

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Fri 22 Aug 2003 06:07 AM (UTC)
I would remove (or comment-out) that code from nanny, and change the sequence of states so that it skips that state, and also set the race as the default when it creates a new character.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Rob Harper   (108 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Fri 22 Aug 2003 06:42 AM (UTC)
Ahh, thanks nick, orignally thats what I did (removing the asking part). My problem is I dont know where to set the default race so that it knows to make every new charecter "Human".
[Go to top] top

Posted by Jach   USA  (25 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Sat 23 Aug 2003 12:29 AM (UTC)
This may be my own blatant idiocy but I've installed the Compass Display Snippet from Samson and am running into a small problem.

After editing the color codes and changing the basic spacing I've hit a snag. What's happening is when the room I'm in has only N,S,E, or W exits everything is fine. However, when the room has NW or SW exits everything on that line, after that exit gets shifted 1 space to the right. This only affects the N, NE and S, SE exit display.

I know there is a way to stop this, but I seem to be unable to figure it out. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

"Adults are obsolete children."

Dr. Seuss
[Go to top] top

Posted by Rob Harper   (108 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Sat 23 Aug 2003 03:13 AM (UTC)
How the hell did my message merge with this one...
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Sat 23 Aug 2003 03:14 AM (UTC)

Dr. Seuss
[Go to top] top

Posted by Greven   Canada  (835 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #5 on Sat 23 Aug 2003 03:33 AM (UTC)
As for your compass display stuff, is any part of it referencing strlen for the formatting part? Cause if so, and you added some colors, it will count the color code as well, but that seems unlikely if only N, Ne and S, Se are affected. Are you using something like "%-2s" to format the spacing?

Nobody ever expects the spanish inquisition!

darkwarriors.net:4848
http://darkwarriors.net
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #6 on Sat 23 Aug 2003 07:44 AM (UTC)
Ok...it was my stupidity. After thinking about it away from the computer I realized my mistake. Thanks for the reply anyway.

One more thing however, Players still aren't able to save. I've done just about everything suggested in all the threads I searched up and it still isn't working. I'm running the winsmaug distribution downloaded from this site and compiling with Visual Studio 6 on an XP machine. I tried compiling with Cygwin and it still didn't work. Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dr. Seuss
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #7 on Sun 24 Aug 2003 05:12 AM (UTC)
If you are using Visual Studio, do a debug build and put a breakpoint on the save code, then see what happens.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #8 on Sun 24 Aug 2003 07:05 AM (UTC)
Did that and got nothing...everything compiled normally but still won't save. Unless I did it wrong, which is a possibility since I just got back from work and am extremely tired.

Dr. Seuss
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #9 on Sun 24 Aug 2003 08:59 PM (UTC)

Dr. Seuss
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

19,017 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]