[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Gammon Software Solutions forum

See www.mushclient.com/spam for dealing with forum spam. Please read the MUSHclient FAQ!

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  SMAUG
. -> [Folder]  SMAUG coding
. . -> [Subject]  Leveling problem
Home  |  Users  |  Search  |  FAQ
Username:
Register forum user name
Password:
Forgotten password?

Leveling problem

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.   [New subject]  Start a new subject   [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Rob Harper   (108 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Fri 26 Sep 2003 01:56 AM (UTC)  quote  ]
Hey guys hoping you could help. I am in the not so far future going to set death up so the player loses a few levels when they die. I assume when they lose levels, when they gain them back they would get more practices and more move and mana gains when they work back up to that level right? If I'm wrong let me know, if I'm write, does anyone know how to make it so they dont get the gains again?

Thanks
[Go to top] top

Posted by Movmmer   (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Fri 26 Sep 2003 03:14 AM (UTC)  quote  ]
I'm not possative on in Smaug...but it most addepted versions I've seen you dont get the practices and such back..(though you might lose some hp and regain that again) that one varried a bit
[Go to top] top

Posted by Meerclar   USA  (603 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Fri 26 Sep 2003 03:35 AM (UTC)  quote  ]
Don't know about SMAUG or its direct derivitives but the few places Ive seen that natively support level loss at death deduct the hp/mana/moves/trains/practices (cept DoT, doesnt subtract hp) that would have been gained at the characters stats when they die. Dawn not subtraction hp isn't a huge issue though since they are capped per class at a given number, something that might interest you as well.

Meerclar - Lord of Cats
Coder, Builder, and Tormenter of Mortals
Stormbringer: Rebirth
storm-bringer.org:4500
www.storm-bringer.org
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #3 on Fri 26 Sep 2003 06:33 PM (UTC)  quote  ]
Thanks for all the input guys, since I'm pretty lost here as of now as far as what I can do for a permanent fix so gains will not be gained again, I will try to set it so mana gains, practice gains, Move gains, and eventually when I add it train gains, all work on diffrent exp formulas as far as when you get them and try to spread it out so dyging once or twice wouldnt attempt to give them back to you, the way my mud well, the ideal set up is that players have to train stats stratigicly and it would really suck having them lose a few levels and correct there mistakes. Thou if anyone can think of a perma fix it'd be great if ya would throw it my way.

Thanks
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Fri 26 Sep 2003 06:39 PM (UTC)  quote  ]
Ahh just thought of somthing, if I do set them on diffrent exp tables, is there anyway to count and "mark off" trains, and how many move/mana gains they've gotten? so if "60" is saved on the players pfile for trains used, it would know not to regive out any thing on the 0 - 60 range of exp? Just just idea storming, not sure if it could be done, or would it be more simple to just try to add a whole diffrent level system for each and have it not go down when you die (this sounds like a pain, and I have no idea where to start on it). Anyway you think either way would work?

Thanks
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

2,235 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.   [New subject]  Start a new subject   [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( http://www.gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Web site powered by FutureQuest.Net]