[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Bug reports
. . -> [Subject]  "Alt + letter" macros arbitrarily do not work

"Alt + letter" macros arbitrarily do not work

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by GreenBanana   (4 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Tue 29 May 2012 08:25 PM (UTC)
Today, it does not.

By "working" one means pressing the macro nets the desired result as expressly stated in the Configuration > Input > Macros settings of MUSHclient 4.73.

Example:
Input: Alt+A inputs text "push monster down well".
Effect: [The command is not input.]

Sometimes different macros on seemingly arbitrary days will not work. Alt+Q, Alt+S, Alt+P, etc.

Please specify validation in the event of requesting systems specs analysis.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Tue 29 May 2012 10:02 PM (UTC)

Huh? Is this spam?

Do you use the Accelerator function at all?

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Tue 29 May 2012 10:11 PM (UTC)

Quote:

Huh? Is this spam?

It is anti-spam.
Quote:

Do you use the Accelerator function at all?

Not to my knowledge, therefore no.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Worstje   Netherlands  (899 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Tue 29 May 2012 11:47 PM (UTC)
Which Alt key do you use? If it is the right one, maybe your keyboard layout gets changed to an international one at times, turning the right Alt into an AltGr, which acts different in many situations. (I ran into this issue earlier today, so I figured I'd suggest it, unlikely as it might be.)
[Go to top] top

Posted by Fiendish   USA  (2,514 posts)  [Biography] bio   Global Moderator
Date Reply #4 on Tue 29 May 2012 11:50 PM (UTC)
Do you have "Alt key does not activate menu bar" set in the global preferences?

https://github.com/fiendish/aardwolfclientpackage
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #5 on Tue 29 May 2012 11:53 PM (UTC)

Which Alt key do you use? If it is the right one, maybe your keyboard layout gets changed to an international one at times, turning the right Alt into an AltGr, which acts different in many situations. (I ran into this issue earlier today, so I figured I'd suggest it, unlikely as it might be.)

Either Alt key is giving the same results.
Fiendish said:

Do you have "Alt key does not activate menu bar" set in the global preferences?

Whether I have it checked or unchecked, the result is the same.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #6 on Wed 30 May 2012 06:42 AM (UTC)

Sometimes different macros on seemingly arbitrary days will not work. Alt+Q, Alt+S, Alt+P, etc.

You mean, on some days it works all days, but not on other days? On the days when it does not work, is the macro text still in Configuration > Input > Macros settings?

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #7 on Wed 30 May 2012 06:57 AM (UTC)

GreenBanana said:

You mean, on some days it works all days, but not on other days? On the days when it does not work, is the macro text still in Configuration > Input > Macros settings?

The macro text is there on every day. The functionality is arbitrarily ineffectual.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Worstje   Netherlands  (899 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #8 on Wed 30 May 2012 06:57 PM (UTC)
Is it a laptop? Maybe you are brushing your hand over the touchpad and activating another window by accident. Alternatively, the keys themselves are functioning fine in other programs?

They are silly questions, but your problem is something I've never experienced with MUSHclient. :)
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

21,077 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]