[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Bug reports
. . -> [Subject]  Paste Not Working

Paste Not Working

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Pages: 1 2  

Posted by Tandrin   (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Sat 29 Dec 2012 06:16 PM (UTC)

For whatever reason, I am unable to paste within Mushclient at all whether I use ctrl v, right click and select paste or attempt to import it.

The items I copy can be done from within Mushclient or other programs. Pasting works normally in a notepad outside of Mushclient, but it simply isn't possible to paste inside Mush.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Fiendish   USA  (2,514 posts)  [Biography] bio   Global Moderator
Date Reply #1 on Sat 29 Dec 2012 09:42 PM (UTC)
Works fine for me. What OS are you using?

https://github.com/fiendish/aardwolfclientpackage
[Go to top] top

Posted by Tandrin   (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Sat 29 Dec 2012 09:43 PM (UTC)
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #3 on Sat 29 Dec 2012 10:12 PM (UTC)
Do you mean pasting into the command window (where you type) and/or the notepad window? (press Ctrl+Alt+Space to see one)

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Sytren   (8 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #4 on Wed 13 Feb 2013 07:47 PM (UTC)
I just got a new laptop with windows 8 on it and ever since have not been able to get paste to work either. I've tried reinstalling a few times and moving the folder out of program files (86) but nothing has worked.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #5 on Wed 13 Feb 2013 09:50 PM (UTC)

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #6 on Thu 14 Feb 2013 07:00 AM (UTC)
Yes the command window where you type commands in.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #7 on Thu 14 Feb 2013 08:18 AM (UTC)
I don't have Windows 8, so I'm afraid I can't be of much assistance. And frankly, after reading about the problems people are having with it, I'm not in a hurry to get it.

I presume that somehow MUSHclient (being compiled under a fairly old compiler) is turning into a "legacy app".

However since a new compiler would cost me over $1000, and I don't get any income from it (MUSHclient), I'm not going to upgrade, sorry.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #8 on Fri 15 Feb 2013 05:02 AM (UTC)
So its not gonna get fixed? Can you at least point me in a direction of a place that I can a fully functional client? I use paste a lot for the mud I play. Specially for speedwalks.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #9 on Fri 15 Feb 2013 06:49 AM (UTC)
I made some enquiries on Aardwolf, as follows:

Quote:

Tech: Is there anyone using MUSHclient, AND Windows 8? If so, do you have trouble pasting things into the command box?

Responses:

Quote:

Ocea Tech: no

Arorend Tech: no problems

Ocea Tech: windows 8 sucks, but thats not one of its problems

(names changed for privacy).

It would appear that this is not a universal problem with the client, and frankly I would be surprised if a new version of Windows didn't support copy-and-paste.

Are you copying and pasting "straight text"? Or rich text or something like that? To check, paste into something like Notepad, which should discard any "mark-up", re-copy and try pasting that.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #10 on Fri 15 Feb 2013 06:59 AM (UTC)
Perhaps to amplify on my question, where are you copying from? A web page? The output window above the command window? A Word document?

Data on the clipboard can be in multiple formats, eg. plain text, rich text, Unicode, images, folders, table data from a spreadsheet, etc.

The client only really recognizes straight text, it can't handle tables, or images, for example.

So if "paste" isn't available, the data on the clipboard might be an unsupported type.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #11 on Sat 16 Feb 2013 01:38 AM (UTC)
I've tried pasting things from the outbox, the website link, and from note pad. I also just found out that I can't paste in other things either. I tried to make a trigger the other day and it wouldn't paste in the trigger box. I've no idea what could be wrong. I've used this for 4 years never a problem like this before and I've reinstalled musch several times since I got the new computer.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #12 on Sat 16 Feb 2013 04:24 AM (UTC)
So, what happens? If you RH click inside a trigger box, do you see the menu come up, but with Paste greyed out?

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #13 on Sun 17 Feb 2013 08:44 PM (UTC)
No its not greyed out I click paste and the text just doesn't appear
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #14 on Mon 18 Feb 2013 01:16 AM (UTC)

Template:bug

Please provide a summary of your world configuration:

• Either use the scripting Immediate window (Ctrl+I) to execute: Debug ("summary")

or

• Install the Summary plugin (see "Summary" feature) and type "summary"

Then copy the resulting information from the output window, and paste into a Forum message.

You need version 4.55 onwards of MUSHclient to do this.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

60,576 views.

This is page 1, subject is 2 pages long: 1 2  [Next page]

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]