[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Full Screen

Full Screen

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by VBMeireles   Brazil  (47 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Sun 13 Mar 2016 04:02 PM (UTC)

When I activate it the window title and menu do go away, but I can see only half of the input bar on the bottom and half of the scroll bar on the right. Not only bottom and right, but top and left window adjustments overall do make it look like MUSHclient thinks my screen is slightly bigger than it actually is.

Is there a way for me to upload a screenshot?

Vinícius
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Sun 13 Mar 2016 09:58 PM (UTC)
We don't permit uploading images here, but you can put it on one of the image-sharing sites and link to it.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #2 on Sun 13 Mar 2016 10:01 PM (UTC)
It looks OK on my 1855 x 961 pixel screen. (It's a weird size because it is running in a virtual machine under Ubuntu).

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #3 on Tue 15 Mar 2016 12:09 AM (UTC)

The keen eye will also notice that after going back to not full screen (from full screen), my auto-resize got messed as if trying to auto-resize my bar to "0" height. You'll see my command input bar is gone in the notfull picture (that was taken after the "full" picture).

Vinícius
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Tue 15 Mar 2016 05:12 AM (UTC)
That's odd. Unfortunately later versions of Windows probably are not totally compatible with the compiler I own. I have had a few suggestions in the past that I upgrade, but I'm not prepared to pay hundreds of dollars for the latest Microsoft offering, in order to support software that I am basically giving away. Sorry.

All I can suggest here is maximize the window (without going to full-screen).

I have paid many thousands of dollars to Microsoft in the past, and I find it mildly irritating that they keep "upgrading" their operating systems (if you can call it an upgrade when you have to have a lot more RAM and a lot more hard disk, to do basically the same thing), and you have to pay for the privilege of having your software continuing to work. It's not the initial payment I object to, it's being locked into having to pay to upgrade all the time. Not because you want the extra features, but because things stop working if you don't.

(rant over).

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #5 on Tue 15 Mar 2016 10:11 PM (UTC)
I feel you man. It's sad that's the way Microsoft rolls. I'll do as you suggested and enlarge my windows. And let me squeeze in a "thank you" too: I wouldn't be mudding anymore if there wasn't a MUSHclient for me to use free of charge. I hope you never give up on it. It's amazing that you're always keeping it up to date, fixing stuff, adding stuff etc. So: thank you!

Vinícius
[Go to top] top

Posted by Shadowfyr   USA  (1,786 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #6 on Wed 16 Mar 2016 02:16 PM (UTC)
Actually, unless your still using XP.. Upgrades from 7/8 to 10 are free. Heck, Win 10 might be free period (not sure). And, the compiler is too. Or, at least the basics for both of them are. Heck, I think you can even upgrade from XP... though, it would probably involve a complete install.

So, yeah, no idea how long MS will allow/do this, before they try to gouge people again, but, at least for the moment, upgrading doesn't cost a dime, as long as the machine itself can run the newer OS.

And, seriously.. they did fix a lot of stupid shit in 7, which was a massive security risk, and/or didn't work right, and.. 10 fixes the thing they screwed up with 8 (the idiot tablet like start menu).
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

18,543 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]