[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Triggers slowing down Configuration Menu

Triggers slowing down Configuration Menu

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by BrainFRZ   USA  (12 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Sat 23 Jul 2016 07:38 PM (UTC)

Amended on Sat 23 Jul 2016 08:01 PM (UTC) by BrainFRZ

Thanks for such an amazing client and community! I've been using this on and off for years and have loved it. :) I've just come across some weirdness (not sure if it's a bug per se or where else to post this). Normally, everything client-side and world-side is perfectly fine. However, I added these triggers to highlight some channel prefixes using MUSHclient v5.01, and it's slowed down the client's Configuration menu for all open worlds considerably whenever this game's world is open. What's more interesting is there's no lag in entering commands (or any other aspect of MUSHclient) or responsiveness from the MU*. I've also noticed the more of these triggers I've added, the longer the lag. When the world is closed, all other worlds are fine again. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Here's the list of triggers:

<triggers>
  <trigger
   custom_colour="7"
   enabled="y"
   match="^\&lt;Games\&gt;"
   regexp="y"
   sequence="100"
  >
  </trigger>
  <trigger
   custom_colour="16"
   enabled="y"
   match="^\&lt;Public\&gt;"
   regexp="y"
   sequence="100"
  >
  </trigger>
  <trigger
   custom_colour="6"
   enabled="y"
   match="^\&lt;Softcode\&gt;"
   regexp="y"
   sequence="100"
  >
  </trigger>
  <trigger
   custom_colour="17"
   enabled="y"
   match="^[(\-)?(\p{L}*?)]$"
   regexp="y"
   sequence="100"
   other_text_colour="#323232"
  >
  </trigger>
</triggers>

Edit: To clarify, I'm using Windows 10 and an i5 processor, if that adds anything.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Sun 24 Jul 2016 03:07 AM (UTC)
First, did you "escape for forum" when posting the triggers? I'm guessing not, there are a couple of missing backslashes. I think this is how it should look:

<triggers>
  <trigger
   custom_colour="7"
   enabled="y"
   match="^\&lt;Games\&gt;"
   regexp="y"
   sequence="100"
  >
  </trigger>
  <trigger
   custom_colour="16"
   enabled="y"
   match="^\&lt;Public\&gt;"
   regexp="y"
   sequence="100"
  >
  </trigger>
  <trigger
   custom_colour="6"
   enabled="y"
   match="^\&lt;Softcode\&gt;"
   regexp="y"
   sequence="100"
  >
  </trigger>
  <trigger
   custom_colour="17"
   enabled="y"
   match="^\[(\-)?(\p{L}*?)\]$"
   regexp="y"
   sequence="100"
   other_text_colour="#323232"
  >
  </trigger>
</triggers>

Second, is it slow all the time, or only when receiving incoming text from the MUD?

And what do you mean by "slowing down"? Do you mean the dialog box? The menu itself? What is a "slow menu"? I'm just looking at trying to reproduce what you are seeing.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by BrainFRZ   USA  (12 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Sun 24 Jul 2016 07:34 AM (UTC)
Thanks for the quick response! I'm sorry, my triggers are what you have. They all behave correctly with only a very brief moment before the text is colored (no complaints there at all). There is always a 2-3 second lag between when I click one of the World Toolbar icons or use one of their macros and when the dialog box first becomes visible whenever this game world is open. Once the box is visible, there's no further lag until the next time I try to open it. Is there any kind of debug info/mode I can get and paste that could help?
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #3 on Sun 24 Jul 2016 07:55 PM (UTC)
I can't reproduce that. Maybe try version 5.02?

http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/?id=13691

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

12,397 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]