[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Suggestions
. . -> [Subject]  Groups and Subgroups

Groups and Subgroups

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Xvordan   (29 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Thu 14 Sep 2017 03:00 PM (UTC)
Is there any chance of MUSHClient supporting creating subgroups?
Currently, you can name a group for a trigger / alias / etc, and it'll put them all into a nice collapsible view, plus allow you to operate on those related triggers. It's only one level, however, which means you can't organize triggers into nested forms -- you're stuck with either a group with a lot of triggers, or a lot of groups in the tree view. I'd like to expand on this ability by being able to create child branches, so that there can be nestled child groups within parent groups.
A group name might look like Magic/White/Healing, for example. In the tree view, you'd have a top-level group called magic, then under that a subgroup called White for white magic that you could open, which would have under it the healing group.
I've seen older mud clients with this behaviour, so I'm hoping it won't be too difficult to add to MC. Monkey Term, for example, supports this kind of nested behaviour, and I loved it for grouping together triggers and aliases! It was so organized and beautiful.
I imagine the group operations would need to be tweaked to support this new activity, perhaps to where if you specify just a group name, it'd only work on that group's triggers, but if you specified groupname*, it'd work on that group's triggers, plus any children.

Hopeful.
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

6,397 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]