[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Suggestions
. . -> [Subject]  CTRL-BACKSPACE as a delete

CTRL-BACKSPACE as a delete

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by damccull   USA  (12 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Sun 25 Feb 2018 05:17 PM (UTC)
I was literally thinking just this: http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/?id=10819

I want to see an option to change the CTRL-BACKSPACE key combination to work as 'delete the word prior to my cursor' for those of us who are used to that in EVERY other application we use. Doesn't even have to be on by default. Just want the option I can enable. :)
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Mon 26 Feb 2018 09:48 PM (UTC)

Amended on Tue 27 Feb 2018 06:25 AM (UTC) by Nick Gammon

Good idea. I have added that to the pre-release version.

Please try the latest pre-release version of MUSHclient. See the link below for how to obtain it.

http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/?id=13903

Once you have copied that (MUSHclient.exe) on top of the existing executable, start it up, press Ctrl+I to enter the "Immediate" scripting window, and copy/paste this:

SetOption ("ctrl_backspace_deletes_last_word", true)

Save your world file to keep this change.

Now Ctrl+Backspace should delete the last entered word (prior to the cursor, not necessarily at the end of the line).

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by damccull   USA  (12 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Mon 26 Feb 2018 10:24 PM (UTC)
Thanks! This seems to work great! Can't wait to see it in the world defaults section, too! If I run into any issues with it, I'll let you know.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #3 on Mon 26 Feb 2018 10:36 PM (UTC)
As I explained in another post, I am very reluctant to change the resources file.

However you could make a global plugin that sets the options up the way you want them.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Posted by Arkron   (1 post)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #4 on Mon 02 Apr 2018 03:49 AM (UTC)
That is not working for me. When I download the "pre-release" version of the client (I have 5.05 right now), I get an error of "mushclient_prefs.sqlite" being read-only.

And if I paste that string on the "Immediate" scripting window, and click either 'run' or 'close', nothing happens, even if I save the world, close it, and open it again.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #5 on Mon 02 Apr 2018 09:18 AM (UTC)
Move your installation to a folder that can be written to. This is not a fault of the code, per se.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

16,646 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]