[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Suggestions
. . -> [Subject]  Timestamp data on Recall(Ctrl-U)

Timestamp data on Recall(Ctrl-U)

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Vaejor   (120 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Sun 04 Aug 2002 04:20 PM (UTC)
It could be useful to offer timestamps for each line during a recall search as a checkbox option. That way we can see when it happened.

I tried turning back on 'Show Line Information', but it didn't seem to do the mouseovers to show the time information as I hoped it would on the new screen that the data appears on.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Magnum   Canada  (580 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Sun 04 Aug 2002 05:49 PM (UTC)
I've always had that option turned on, and the lineinfo works fine for me, including the time the line was sent (when mouse is over line).

Get my plugins here: http://www.magnumsworld.com/muds/

Constantly proving I don't know what I am doing...
Magnum.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #2 on Sun 04 Aug 2002 09:00 PM (UTC)
Magnum, Vaejor is referring to the line in the recall window, which currently is a straight text window.

I seem to recall being asked that before, it isn't much work to do it. :)

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Magnum   Canada  (580 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Sun 04 Aug 2002 10:26 PM (UTC)

I'm doing the best I can to prove my tagline true this month.

Get my plugins here: http://www.magnumsworld.com/muds/

Constantly proving I don't know what I am doing...
Magnum.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #4 on Fri 09 Aug 2002 02:14 AM (UTC)

It could be useful to offer timestamps for each line during a recall search as a checkbox option.

You can do that. In the recall dialog box, enter a "line preamble" that is suitable, eg. "%H:%M> ".

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Posted by Vaejor   (120 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #5 on Fri 09 Aug 2002 10:53 PM (UTC)

Thanks Nick, exactly what I was looking for.

As a suggestion, could you think about adding a small ? button near this box and any like it that can use specialized formatting? It would direct to a/the help file page that shows the syntax available in such cases.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #6 on Fri 16 Aug 2002 09:19 PM (UTC)

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Posted by Guest1   USA  (256 posts)
Date Reply #7 on Fri 16 Aug 2002 11:53 PM (UTC)
hey :) ..where does vers 3.26 d/l from? looked on downloads/dlmushclient.htm and on ftp://ftp.gammon.com.au/mushclient/ but can't seem to find it anywhere.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #8 on Sat 17 Aug 2002 12:55 AM (UTC)
Version 3.26 is a work in progress right now. When I say something is "in 3.26" then I have added/fixed it in the development copy.

Once it is tested and a suitable number of additions have been made, then I do a release build, make the installer, upload it to the web site, and then update the downloads page.

Subscribe to the MUSHclient announcements section of the forum, and you will receive an email within minutes of each new version being released.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Posted by Guest1   USA  (256 posts)
Date Reply #9 on Sat 17 Aug 2002 12:58 AM (UTC)
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

22,908 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]