[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Plugin IDs...

Plugin IDs...

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Flannel   USA  (1,230 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Mon 05 Aug 2002 02:05 AM (UTC)
I know plugins are supposed to have unique ID's.. (at least, thats what I understand from what Ive heard) but, How does one Generate the ID?

Im still really shaky on the whole ID thing, World ID's are... Different each time the world starts? or...

Help! Im confusing myself I think.

~Flannel

Messiah of Rose
Eternity's Trials.

Clones are people two.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Mon 05 Aug 2002 06:28 AM (UTC)

I know plugins are supposed to have unique ID's.

Yes they are, so you can save their state in a reliable way (different developers might use the same plugin name). To generate one, with scripting active, type:

/World.Note World.GetUniqueID

Each world should get a unique ID when next saved, that ID should then persist for that world. The combination of world ID and plugin ID are used to generate a "state" file name, for saving the state of the plugin (ie. its variables).

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #2 on Fri 09 Aug 2002 01:40 AM (UTC)
Wait a couple of hours for version 3.25 which will generate plugin files for you, adding a unique ID in the process.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

6,630 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]