[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Plugins
. . -> [Subject]  Calendar - todo list, events

Calendar - todo list, events

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Pages: 1 2  3  

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Fri 15 Nov 2002 04:33 AM (UTC)

Amended on Fri 15 Nov 2002 04:52 AM (UTC) by Nick Gammon

This "calendar" plugin implements a "to do" list and "events" list.

It uses a database so the lists are shared between all instances of MUSHclient, and all worlds.

When installed it creates a new database and tables if necessary. Then each time it automatically lists events in the next 14 days, and outstanding "to do " items. You can add new events or "to do" things easily.

eg.

event Christmas 25/12/2002
todo take dog for walk
todo buy a pizza

See the plugin help for more details.

Below is an example of using it. The plugin is available from the plugins page.

Plugin Calendar installed.
Database 'C:\Program Files\MUSHclient\worlds\calendar.mdb' created.
Table 'todo' created.
Table 'event' created.
Database is: C:\Program Files\MUSHclient\worlds\calendar.mdb
Nothing to do.
No events.
 Type 'calendar:help' for help. 

Now let's add some things to do ...

todo eat
todo drink
todo make merry

To-do item 'eat' added to the database
To-do item 'drink' added to the database
To-do item 'make merry' added to the database

todo

--------Things to do--------

#2: drink (since 11/15/02 4:20:10 PM)
#1: eat (since 11/15/02 4:20:05 PM)
#3: make merry (since 11/15/02 4:20:16 PM)

Now some events ...

event Christmas AT 25/12/2002
event water garden AT 20/11/2002
event go to cinema AT 25/11/2002

Event 'Christmas' AT '25/12/2002' added to the database
Event 'water garden' AT '20/11/2002' added to the database
Event 'go to cinema' AT '25/11/2002' added to the database

events

--------Events in next 14 days--------

#2: water garden AT 11/20/02
#3: go to cinema AT 11/25/02

futureevents

--------Future events--------

#2: water garden AT 11/20/02
#3: go to cinema AT 11/25/02
#1: Christmas AT 12/25/02

delevent 3

Event item 'go to cinema AT 11/25/02' deleted from the database

Now let's finish off some 'to do" items.

done 2

To-do item 'drink' marked as done

todo

--------Things to do--------

#1: eat (since 11/15/02 4:20:05 PM)
#3: make merry (since 11/15/02 4:20:16 PM)

done

-------Done items--------

#2: drink (done on 11/15/02 4:26:21 PM)

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Fri 15 Nov 2002 05:07 AM (UTC)
If you want a GUI front-end just whip up a few forms using Access by opening the underlying database file.

You could also use this technique to do printed reports, additional queries, and so on.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Posted by Linda   Sweden  (164 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Fri 15 Nov 2002 04:37 PM (UTC)

However, I seem to have a small problem with it. It appears to install fine ... but then a few seconds later MUSHclient crashes. I tried this a couple of times, with the same results each time.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #3 on Fri 15 Nov 2002 07:04 PM (UTC)
Hmmm, this is what I dislike about Windows. Crashes like that which I can't reproduce. Naturally it doesn't happen to me or I wouldn't have released it.

I think we can safely speculate that it is a problem in one of your DLLs. After all, it is almost entirely a script, using only a couple of MUSHclient features, like world.note to write to the screen.

First, check which version of VBscript you have installed. I have quickly written a plugin to do that for you. Download the plugin "VBscript_Version" and install it. Then type "scriptversion" and report what you see. It should be something like this:

Script engine = VBScript
Version = 5.0
Build  = 3715

If your version is older than that try downloading and installing a newer version. There is a link to do that in the Mushclient -> VBscript part of the forum.

If that doesn't help we'll have to try the version of your ADOX and ADODB DLLs. I'll have to research where you'll find that information.

To help me work out which bit it is, do any of the following lines appear after you install the calendar, and if so, which?

Plugin Calendar installed.
Database 'C:\Program Files\MUSHclient\worlds\calendar.mdb' created.
Table 'todo' created.
Table 'event' created.
Database is: C:\Program Files\MUSHclient\worlds\calendar.mdb

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Fri 15 Nov 2002 09:11 PM (UTC)

Amended on Fri 15 Nov 2002 09:15 PM (UTC) by Nick Gammon

I have been doing some more research. The four COM objects that the plugin uses are in the table below. These are the versions and file locations I have on my NT 4 PC.

Unfortunately unless you are using NT 4 they will probably be in different locations and have different versions, but at least it is a starting point.

You could, for instance, use the "find file" function in Windows to find "msado15.dll" somewhere on your C drive.

Then, right-click on it, and select "Properties", and the select the "version" tab. You can then compare the file version.

Object name Class ID DLL location Version
ADODB.Connection {00000514-0000-0010-8000-00AA006D2EA4} C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\ADO\msado15.dll 2.50.4403.9
ADODB.Recordset {00000535-0000-0010-8000-00AA006D2EA4} C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\ADO\msado15.dll 2.50.4403.9
ADOX.Catalog {00000602-0000-0010-8000-00AA006D2EA4} C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\ADO\msadox.dll 2.50.4403.4
Scripting.FileSystemObject {0D43FE01-F093-11CF-8940-00A0C9054228} C:\WINNT\System32\scrrun.dll 5.1.0.5010

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #5 on Fri 15 Nov 2002 09:13 PM (UTC)
It might very well be the VBscript version; mine's 3.1.

And no, none of that text appeared after installing the plugin.

I've downloaded and installed the new VBscript, but I have to wait on restarting my computer a bit. Will report back later.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #6 on Fri 15 Nov 2002 09:23 PM (UTC)
If you don't have the database DLLs there are various ways of getting them. I have trouble making sense of Microsoft's page (too much information) but the gist seems to be that you can download them from Universal Data Access Web Site

When I last wanted to get the DAO DLLs I found that installing Office 2000 did the trick, so if you have that (and for some reason haven't installed it), then installing it may give you those DLLs as a side-effect.

Let me know how you go, we should be able to get it working one way or another, and our experiences will hopefully help others.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #7 on Fri 15 Nov 2002 09:25 PM (UTC)
Well, I don't seem to be crashing now, and now I get the message 'Plugin Calendar Installed', but after that I get a box popping up with the following message:

Error number: -2146827859

Event: Execution of line 108 column 3

Description: ActiveX-komponenten kan inte skapa objekt.: 'ADOX.Catalog'

Called by: Function/Sub: OnSetup called by timer
Reason: processing timer ""

Btw, apart from having the dll properly registered in MUSHclient, should the scripting type also be set to VBscript and enabled, or is that just for scripts? I have that set at the moment, anyhow.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #8 on Fri 15 Nov 2002 09:32 PM (UTC)

ActiveX-komponenten kan inte skapa objekt.

Which in English is?

I presume the DLL is not there. See if you can find msadox.dll on your hard disk.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #9 on Fri 15 Nov 2002 09:33 PM (UTC)

msado15.dll - I have version 2.0.3002.23

msadox.dll - I don't have this one

scrrun.dll - I have version 5.6.0.6626 (after the VBscript update, I imagine)
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #10 on Fri 15 Nov 2002 09:33 PM (UTC)

Btw, apart from having the dll properly registered in MUSHclient, should the scripting type also be set to VBscript and enabled, or is that just for scripts?

Plugins are independent of what scripting type you have set, that is one of the beauties of them. For instance, you can have plugins in different languages.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #11 on Fri 15 Nov 2002 09:36 PM (UTC)
Whoops, I keep forgetting my error messages are in Swedish. ;)

Essentially, the Active-X component can't create the object. And no, that dll doesn't seem to exist. I'll see if I can figure out which download it is that I need.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #12 on Fri 15 Nov 2002 09:40 PM (UTC)

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #13 on Fri 15 Nov 2002 09:48 PM (UTC)
Windows 98. However ... I have Windows XP on another machine, I wonder if the dll exists there and could be copied over? Of course, I wouldn't know for sure where it should go. Or should it be in the same place as the other two?
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #14 on Fri 15 Nov 2002 09:51 PM (UTC)

Amended on Fri 15 Nov 2002 09:52 PM (UTC) by Nick Gammon

Try this link: Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.5 RTM (2.50.4403.12) Download Page (download 7.5 Mb) - it appears to have the relevant files. You could copy the files from XP, which may or may not work, but you will probably find they have to be 'registered' otherwise the DLL will physically exist but won't appear in the registry, and it won't know where to find it.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

102,442 views.

This is page 1, subject is 3 pages long: 1 2  3  [Next page]

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]