[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Setting up aliases

Setting up aliases

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Aarent   (13 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Sat 09 Jun 2001 08:46 AM (UTC)
First off, with alias' why is it that I can't have an alias on the mud, and from the client at the same time?

Also, is it possible to have a trigger that allows me to have just a few triggers that cover a variety of topics instead of one for each?
For instance right now on the main mud I play on when I sacrifice a corpse and get the items from it, I have to have a trigger for each item to put that item in a bag (in other words, I have /a lot/ of triggers set up for that mud). I was just wondering if there's someway to just be able to cut down the amound of triggers I need.

Lastly, for some reason MUSHclient is overriding the chanel colors. So instead of haveing a WHITEaarentRED<newbie>WHITE message, I just have BLUE aarent<newbie>message.
Is there any way for me to have it so I see the real colors?

Aarent
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Sat 09 Jun 2001 10:46 AM (UTC)

First off, with alias' why is it that I can't have an alias on the mud, and from the client at the same time?

If the alias is the same word then the client doesn't know whether or not to pass it to the MUD, so you need to choose a different word. I usually choose a short one, eg.

GFB = Get Food Bag

Quote:

Also, is it possible to have a trigger that allows me to have just a few triggers that cover a variety of topics instead of one for each?

Yes, you shouldn't need lots of triggers. Can you give an example of what you are doing so I can better suggest a solution?

Quote:

Lastly, for some reason MUSHclient is overriding the chanel colors.

Earlier versions of MUSHclient automatically added a couple of triggers, which would colour your chat channels. Go into the triggers configuration and remove any that you didn't put there yourself, or change the colour in them to "no change" and the problem will go away.

The most recent version doesn't do that.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Sat 09 Jun 2001 11:47 PM (UTC)
Ok, basically I have oogles of triggers for putting items in a bag of holding. When I find an exping area I like, I go and make triggers for all the items in the area. That takes a long time and kinda sucks.
So, I have a bunch of put blah blah blah in bag triggers.

Aarent
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #3 on Sun 10 Jun 2001 08:46 AM (UTC)

Sounds like an alias when you say "put blah in bag".

Can you give a couple of actual examples? Like paste exactly what you have into the message.

You can probably do it with a wildcard or two, but I really need to see what you are attempting.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Sun 10 Jun 2001 10:22 AM (UTC)
You loot a blacksmith's hammer from the corpse.
put hammer in bag

That's what I'm doing. I've heard people talk about having just a few triggers and having those be able to take care of all the various items so they always put it in a bag but they used a different client. So I just wanna know how to make a few tiggers that let me get the loot and put it in a bag w/o having to make a new trigger for that item.

Aarent
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #5 on Mon 11 Jun 2001 10:37 PM (UTC)

Amended on Mon 11 Jun 2001 10:38 PM (UTC) by Nick Gammon

I think you mean alias here. An alias matches on what you type, a trigger matches on what comes from the MUD.

To make an alias to handle all sorts of things like this, go to world configuration (Ctrl+G), click on Input -> Aliases.

Then click on "Add", and fill in:

Alias: GET *
Send: get %1 corpse
      put %1 in bag

Then click on OK to save the alias and OK again to close the configuration window.

Notice I typed GET in upper-case so it isn't confused with any "get" that the MUD might use. Then when you finish a fight, you type:

GET hammer

Because the alias has a wildcard (*) then the word "hammer" matches the wildcard, and it sends:

get hammer corpse
put hammer in bag

Then you can type "GET sword" and so on. So you don't need to make one for each item.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #6 on Tue 12 Jun 2001 12:16 AM (UTC)
What I have set up now is an alias on the mud (f - sacrifice corpse) that sacs the corpse and then when I get the loot I have the countless triggers set to put the stuff in the bag.

Aarent
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #7 on Tue 12 Jun 2001 01:27 AM (UTC)
Doesn't the MUD have an "auto loot" command?

Anyway, to help you write the triggers I really need to see an example of the actual output. Just copy the lines from the screen after the mob dies, from where it dies onwards (including where you sac it), so I can see what the trigger has to match on.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #8 on Thu 21 Jun 2001 02:13 AM (UTC)
The wingblade wisps through the air with great speed as it slices deeply
into Soldier!

>>>You cut Soldier in the left leg with your wingblade.
>>>You slice Soldier in the right arm with your wingblade.
>>>You slice Soldier horribly in the left foot with your wingblade.
>>>You slice Soldier horribly in the right arm with your dragon slayer.
You feel more experienced from the kill.

Soldier drops dead before you.
Soldier removes his gloves.
Soldier removes his vest.
Soldier unwields a silver staff (wielded).
f //f is my alias to sacrifice corpse
You look over the corpse and take everything of value.

The pile of coins contained:
gold 35, silver 27
You loot a silver staff from the corpse.
put staff in bag //trigger to put staff in bag
You loot buckskin vest from the corpse.
put vest in bag //trigger to put vest in bag
You loot a pair of buckskin gloves from the corpse.
put gloves in bag //trigger to put gloves in bag
You loot a buckskin shield from the corpse.
put shield in bag //trigger to put shield in bag
Raising your hands to the air, the gods take your sacrifice and reward you.
1385 hps|680 sp|875 mp > You put a silver staff into KilRoy's bag of holding.
1385 hps|680 sp|875 mp > You put buckskin vest into KilRoy's bag of holding.
1385 hps|680 sp|875 mp > You put a pair of buckskin gloves into KilRoy's bag of holding.
1385 hps|680 sp|875 mp > You put a buckskin shield into KilRoy's bag of holding.

Now, what I have to have a trigger for each new item I come across so I dont have to keep typing put blah in bag (which gets rather annoying while out hunting). For instance, I just started hunting in a new area and I had to take about half an hour to set up triggers for all the items around there. So, what I was wonder is: is there a way to have a set of triggers that would cover all items and automatically put them in a bag without having to add a new trigger for em?

Aarent
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #9 on Thu 21 Jun 2001 03:12 AM (UTC)

Amended on Thu 21 Jun 2001 03:13 AM (UTC) by Nick Gammon

Try doing it with a trigger, for example:

Match on: You loot * from the corpse.
Send: put '%1' in bag

So if you get:

You loot buckskin vest from the corpse.

It will send:

put 'buckskin vest' in bag

All automagically - you don't need to type anything. :)

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #10 on Thu 21 Jun 2001 07:25 AM (UTC)
Niffty, also could that work for a situation like this:
I have a cleric set up with a paralyze spell trigger that's always just paralyze monster where the trigger is blah says: para.
Could I have it be
blah says: para *random monster name*
then it paras what they say by
blah says: para *
paralyze 1%

Aarent

(btw, thanks for all the help, I appriciate it)
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #11 on Thu 21 Jun 2001 09:18 PM (UTC)
Yes, that should work the way you described it.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

26,503 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]