[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  triggers

triggers

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Aarent   (13 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Sat 09 Jun 2001 09:53 AM (UTC)
Ok, while partying, to make things easier I usually set up triggers for the leader of the party to do something and then have me do something (like if it's me and a cleric I say haste and the cleric hastes me), and then I have autosacing triggers and all sorts of things, but if it starts to go too fast sometimes the triggers don't hit.

Also, in an area on the mud I play on mostly there are a bunch of archers who have a bow and quiver for eq, and are in pairs, so if I kill both archers and then sac both corpses really fast, the trigger doesn't pick up one of the items from the second corpse and put it in my bag. But then again there's another area where there's a room with 4 soldiers in it with 3 peices of eq each, if I kill em all and then sac them all fast I get all eq in my bag. So I'm confused why sometimes the triggers are right on and pick everything up no matter how fast it scrolls, and other times misses stuff.

Aarent
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Sat 09 Jun 2001 10:52 AM (UTC)
Sometimes the prompt line ends up in front of the line in question, so you might want to put a wildcard there.

eg.

The bone naga is DEAD!!

OR

2718hp 3000m 3093mv> The bone naga is DEAD!!

Make sure your wildcard will match on both forms. The triggers should always work.

If you can't get it to work send me a copy of the screen output (where it doesn't work) and the trigger you are using.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Aarent   (13 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Sat 09 Jun 2001 11:50 PM (UTC)
So how would I use the wild card? (forgive me, Im a moron) Like: *paralyze monster or what?

Aarent
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #3 on Sun 10 Jun 2001 08:48 AM (UTC)

If you previously had:

paralyze monster

but sometimes the MUD sends the prompt first, then you might have:

*paralyze monster

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

14,587 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]