[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  Area Editor
. -> [Folder]  Bug reports
. . -> [Subject]  Mob Problem

Mob Problem

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by JS   (4 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Wed 02 Jul 2003 07:06 AM (UTC)
This may be my fault but when I load area files, created with v1.32, all my mobs are dead. I've tried everything I can think of to fix it. Changed position/health and so on. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Wed 02 Jul 2003 08:04 AM (UTC)
What do you mean "dead"? Lying around cold and stiff?

Or, simply not present in their rooms? Did you put in resets to load them?

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Thu 03 Jul 2003 09:24 AM (UTC)
Yep the whole 'Your character is lying here DEAD!!' kinda dead. Yep got resets, infact they reset dead.
[Go to top] top

Posted by David Haley   USA  (3,881 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Thu 03 Jul 2003 01:01 PM (UTC)
It seems that your mobs are defaulting to the dead position (as opposed to killed --> dead). Check the position on the prototypes, and also if the mob reset has a position setting, check that too.

David Haley aka Ksilyan
Head Programmer,
Legends of the Darkstone

http://david.the-haleys.org
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Sat 05 Jul 2003 10:43 AM (UTC)
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #5 on Sat 05 Jul 2003 09:14 PM (UTC)
Is this SMAUG or ROM? Are you using stock SMAUG/ROM server or have you modified it? If you have changed the bit for positions then it may not agree with the default settings in the Area Editor.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #6 on Sat 05 Jul 2003 09:18 PM (UTC)

If you take a working area (eg. a stock area) and make a minor change (eg. change a mob's description) does it become dead? Or do they all become dead?

At the end of the day the Area Editor reads in a text file (the area file) - tries to keep everything the same except the changes you make - then writes it back out again. It shouldn't make major changes like that.

However it is controlled by its configuration file somewhat, because different MUDs have different flags that mean different things. It is probably a configuration issue.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #7 on Mon 07 Jul 2003 08:24 AM (UTC)
I've managed to get it to work. I appreciate all the help :)
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

21,316 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]