[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Plugins
. . -> [Subject]  Various MUclient Plug-Ins (Was: NEW Plug-Ins)

Various MUclient Plug-Ins (Was: NEW Plug-Ins)

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by 1of10   Canada  (54 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Sat 10 Apr 2004 10:18 AM (UTC)
I've been writing my own plug-ins for MUclient ever since plug-in ability was added. I've now decided to make them, or some of them, available to other MUclient users.

My plug-in's are available here:
http://www.1of10.net/MUclient/plugins/

Please note, most of my work is done in Perl and you will need the PerlScript ActiveX component from ActiveState ActivePerl.

The language each plug-in is written in is listed in the index description, using square brackets: [ ].

And yes, I do recommend reading my plug-ins! :) I've included some typical about/contact/etc. comments at the top that should be read, at the very least. Others may be interested in parts of my code, which you're welcome to use. I would appreciate credits, somewhere, though. :) Maybe others can enlighten me regarding more efficient, or effective, code in some cases.

Thank you for supporting my genius. ;)

One of Ten
Secondary Adjunct of Unimatrix Z03
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #1 on Tue 13 Apr 2004 07:08 PM (UTC)
For those who have downloaded my SitePing v2.51 plug-in, I've updated it to v2.52.

Changes:
One bug fix to the display of verbose ping results in MsgBox/Dialog output. I mistakenly had two '$' for the dialog text variable while processing failed pings, causing the failed pings NOT to show in the verbose results.

Ah, well... Can't always test every aspect of any code the first time, especially when Internet traffic is low and all the pings succeed. ;)

One of Ten
[Go to top] top

Posted by Simon   Sweden  (39 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Mon 28 Jun 2004 11:33 PM (UTC)

If you get the time, could you please add so that you can choose which command that it uses to emote the playing, since there are other types of muds than those that you have specified :P

It would also really sweet if you could have several different chatlines. Like if you could have a function in the plugin which you can call from an alias with an argument, and that argument is the command to send the emote with? :P If that made any sense ;)

Many thanks for a really nice plugin.

- "Where do you live, Simon?"
- "I live in the sick and wounded, doc."
Session 9
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #3 on Mon 06 Dec 2004 07:44 PM (UTC)
Thanks for the feedback Simon. I like to know others are benefitting from my work. :-)

Appologies for the really, REALLY late reply... Life has been chaotic and my Internet account closed and a new one opened in there as well.

I was considering adding a variable that WAR would read that contained the emote/pose command. But, at the time, I was unaware that "pose" wasn't the command for all, or the majority, of MU*s. I'll add that feature as soon as I have the time, and post here when it's complete. Don't hold your breath, though, 'cause I'm still trying to catch up on some old debts after starting a job as a Notebook Technical Support Agent. It can keep me completely unavailable for weeks at a time sometimes, due to various reasons.

As for the multiple chatlines and alias to pass an emote command, I'm not sure I understand what you mean, exactly... It's almost clear, but then it takes a wild twist near the end of your description. ;-) Perhaps if you described what you would need the feature for, I might understand better?

One of Ten
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

16,071 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]