[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Any problems with version 3.50?

Any problems with version 3.50?

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Thu 27 May 2004 09:45 PM (UTC)
The main MUSHclient downloads page mentions version 3.45, which is fairly old by now.

Has anyone who has used the more recent versions got a reason that the "offical" version cannot now become 3.50?

I think it is pretty stable and is probably an improvement on 3.45.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Shadowfyr   USA  (1,786 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Fri 28 May 2004 03:14 AM (UTC)
Haven't had a problem so far. But I don't spend insane amounts of time testing every feature. Which is why we missed the plugin script issue. ;) If I was writing it myself, instead of just a lazy sucker that just used it, I would seriously consider running an automated system of tests in a script, just to see if anything got missed. This may not however be practical for some things, like dialogs though...

In any case, nothing blew up when I ran it, all the plugins loaded correctly, my world file didn't get eaten and some of the odd stuff I do worked, but that isn't exactly a comprehensive test. ;) lol
[Go to top] top

Posted by Poromenos   Greece  (1,037 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Fri 28 May 2004 11:54 AM (UTC)
I used every version since it came out, and I saw no problems... Arrays work, paths work, my plugins work fine, no bugs so far, so I don't see why not.

Vidi, Vici, Veni.
http://porocrom.poromenos.org/ Read it!
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #3 on Fri 28 May 2004 10:12 PM (UTC)
OK, very good. Version 3.50 is now the official version.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Posted by Myrynvalona   USA  (6 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #4 on Tue 08 Jun 2004 03:00 AM (UTC)
I've had only one problem with version 3.50 so far, and that's only that I can't get the sound for incoming messages to activate. No matter how many times I go in and load a sound file to it. And I'm not the only one, a friend of mine tested this as well.

~~~~~
Those who claim innocence are very rarely innocent.
~~~~~
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #5 on Tue 08 Jun 2004 09:26 PM (UTC)
  1. Is this the "new activity" sound, or a sound for a trigger?

2. Does the sound play when you click the "test" button?

3. What sort of sound file is it? Some sound files don't work (some internal problem, eg. number of bits or something).

4. Is this a problem with 3.50 only? ie. are you saying it worked with earlier versions?

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #6 on Wed 09 Jun 2004 03:43 PM (UTC)
This is the "new activity" sound. The file plays just fine when I hit the test button, but I have to find the file every time I open the output button. The sound file is one out of yahoo messenger's media files, called 'pow', and it's only a problem with 3.50, it worked fine, the same sound file, with all earlier versions, and I've had 3 or 4 earlier versions. Any suggestions?

~~~~~
~~~~~
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #7 on Wed 09 Jun 2004 09:36 PM (UTC)
Yes, I see what you mean. That looks like a bug. I moved the "new activity sound" from a different config screen, and that seems to have got lost.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #8 on Wed 09 Jun 2004 10:12 PM (UTC)

~~~~~
~~~~~
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #9 on Wed 09 Jun 2004 10:33 PM (UTC)

As a workaround, edit your .MCL file (world file) with a text editor (eg. Notepad) and find the line containing "new_activity_sound", and manually put in the path to the sound file. Like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<!DOCTYPE muclient>
<!-- Saved on Saturday, May 29, 2004, 9:21 AM -->
<!-- MuClient version 3.50 -->
<!-- Home Page: http://www.muclient.com/ -->
<muclient>
<world

auto_say_override_prefix="-"
   auto_say_string="say "
   command_stack_character=";"
   input_font_name="FixedSys"
   new_activity_sound="C:\WINNT\Media\Musica Restore Down.WAV"
   output_font_name="Fixedsys"

Once it is in the world file it will stay there. The problem is it is not being transcribed from the "browse" button to the configuration screen.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #10 on Wed 09 Jun 2004 10:35 PM (UTC)
Thanks! I'll try that and see if it works. :D

~~~~~
~~~~~
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #11 on Wed 09 Jun 2004 11:00 PM (UTC)
Okay, I think I have a problem.. I don't seem to have an .MCL file. Can you tell me the exact name of this file? The only thing that's changed since I got it, is the added in worlds, and one log. Yes, I'm confused. This is nothing new. :)

~~~~~
~~~~~
[Go to top] top

Posted by Flannel   USA  (1,230 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #12 on Thu 10 Jun 2004 03:04 AM (UTC)
It should be in your worlds directory. you might not show extensions. It is your World file, if you go File > Save World Details As...
then youll be able to see exactly where it is, and what its named. Then open it in whatever text editor (notepad, et al), edit, and save.

~Flannel

Messiah of Rose
Eternity's Trials.

Clones are people two.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #13 on Thu 10 Jun 2004 03:45 AM (UTC)
Ooooh.... Thanks Flannel! That worked. :)

~~~~~
~~~~~
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

26,448 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]