[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  Area Editor
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Mob races

Mob races

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Firedraconian   USA  (32 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Sun 01 Aug 2004 05:45 PM (UTC)
Is there a way to add new races that you have made to the options for making mobs in the Editor?

X. D. Caeruleus
Draconian Industries
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Sun 01 Aug 2004 10:37 PM (UTC)
In the smaugconfig.dat file (or romconfig.dat) is a list of races, like this:

#RACE
Human
Elf
Dwarf
Halfling
Pixie
Vampire
Half-ogre
Half-orc
Half-troll
Half-elf
Gith
Ant
Ape
Baboon

End

Just edit that. However you need to have a registered copy before it will read that file.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by USER007   (124 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Sun 26 Sep 2004 04:04 AM (UTC)

Amended on Sun 26 Sep 2004 04:16 AM (UTC) by USER007

I can't seem to find smaugconfig.dat in the system folder, I tried looking for something similair to what you had on the list, but I had no luck. And I'm using SmaugFUSS + Area Editor is registered.

[EDIT] Nvm. Thought the .dat file was located somewhere in the smaug folder, but its actually in the AE folder.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Longbow   (102 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Sat 05 Feb 2005 01:27 PM (UTC)
Whilst we are on the topic, a friend and I are trying to implement our own races, and so far it works really well. However, when we deleted all the other races except human we could no longer see any class to choose while making a new character. After fiddling around we got Thief to work, but we couldn't get Warrior or Ranger to show up. Then we added a new class called Scholar and the Warrior class showed up but Scholar didn't!

My question is how do we make any and all classes show up for our races?

Thanks and Godbless,
Longbow
[Go to top] top

Posted by Zeno   USA  (2,871 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #4 on Sat 05 Feb 2005 04:15 PM (UTC)

Amended on Sat 05 Feb 2005 04:16 PM (UTC) by Zeno

There is a field for races called "classes".

Syntax: setrace <race> <field> <value>
Syntax: setrace <race> create        

Field being one of:
  name classes strplus dexplus wisplus
  intplus conplus chaplus lckplus hit
  mana affected resist suscept language
  attack defense alignment acplus 
  minalign maxalign height weight      
  hungermod thirstmod expmultiplier    
  saving_poison_death saving_wand      
  saving_para_petri saving_breath      
  saving_spell_staff                   
  mana_regen hp_regen    

Use that to set the allowed classes. I believe you have to use the class number.

So for example (from my MUD):
showrace human
RACE: Human
Disallowed Classes:  
Allowed Classes: None Blacksmith Ninja Combatant Guardian Slayer 

Zeno McDohl,
Owner of Bleached InuYasha Galaxy
http://www.biyg.org
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #5 on Sun 06 Feb 2005 08:28 PM (UTC)
Ok, I've got the races working I believe. Praise the Lord and thanks yall for the help!

Now, I've got a new class we've made. When you go to the class selection it does not show up, but you can still pick it. WHY? I want to be able to see it!

Longbow
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #6 on Sun 06 Feb 2005 08:31 PM (UTC)
Hmm. How many classes you have? There is a coded limit in mud.h, MAX_CLASS. Or that may be in where the code for class selection is.

Zeno McDohl,
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #7 on Sun 06 Feb 2005 08:35 PM (UTC)
The only classes I have are Thief, Warrior, Ranger, and Scholar(in that order in the class.lst file)

I can pick my Scholar and Ranger classes, but they don't show up when you are at the class selection screen. The thief and warrior show up fine.

Longbow
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #8 on Sun 06 Feb 2005 10:23 PM (UTC)
Did you make sure that the class number in the class file is the same in class.lst? Search the forums for your problem, I've seen it before. It should help you a bit more.

Zeno McDohl,
[Go to top] top

Posted by Meerclar   USA  (733 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #9 on Mon 07 Feb 2005 02:09 AM (UTC)
This is a well documented issue with smaug actually. For some fairly bazare reason, the class_total is set to 2 lower than what the actual class_list contains and the last 2 classes in the list are ignored. Your choices are to "backdoor" everything you want visible by adding junk classes to pad the list or to edit the total to accurately match the list.

Meerclar - Lord of Cats
Coder, Builder, and Tormenter of Mortals
Stormbringer: Rebirth
storm-bringer.org:4500
www.storm-bringer.org
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

26,015 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]