[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Bug reports
. . -> [Subject]  Taskbar flashes even with no activity in Windows 2000

Taskbar flashes even with no activity in Windows 2000

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Extorian   (1 post)  [Biography] bio
Date Wed 26 Sep 2001 10:40 AM (UTC)
Sometimes Mushclient starts flashing (to indicate activity) on the task bar even when no activity has occured. This could be related to bug #349. I'm not running any timers, nor has anything been sent to the world that might be invisible. I know this because the received byte count on my firewall is still the same. This only happens on Windows 2000, the same copy of Mushclient does not suffer from this if I use Windows 98.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Wed 26 Sep 2001 11:14 AM (UTC)
There have been a couple of other messages about this. I am not using Windows 2000 so I can't reproduce it, however I believe the "flash window" operating-system call works differently in Windows 2000. Thanks, Microsoft.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by 762378   Australia  (1 post)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Wed 14 Nov 2001 12:04 AM (UTC)
This gets even more annoying when you have the option to "autohide" the taskbar.
Everytime you minimise or even just change focus, it's about a 90% chance that the taskbar will pop up!
Anyone know if you can stop Win2000 doing that for ALL apps?
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #3 on Wed 14 Nov 2001 02:53 AM (UTC)
All I can suggest as a workaround is uncheck the box "new activity flashes taskbar icon" in the Configuration -> Appearance -> Output dialog box.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Posted by Michael Soliman   (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #4 on Fri 12 Jul 2002 09:52 AM (UTC)

> All I can suggest as a workaround is uncheck the box
> "new activity flashes taskbar icon" in the
> Configuration -> Appearance -> Output dialog box.
As I have a german NT5, I wanted to ask, whether You could tell me, where to find the "Configuration -> Appearance -> Output dialog box" ( I serached the taskbar's properties as well as the control panel.
_Tschuess,
__Michael.
P.S.: Please excuse my weird English.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #5 on Fri 12 Jul 2002 09:53 PM (UTC)

For a particular world, press Alt+Enter, and then follow the steps above.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Posted by Michael Soliman   (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #6 on Sat 13 Jul 2002 10:43 AM (UTC)
Oh. I thought there were 8^( a possibility to do this for any Win32-application (I do have this problem with MSVC SOMEtimes popping up my consolewindow, if a breakpoint is being hit).
In any case. Thank You. 8^).
_Tschuess,
__Michael.
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

19,701 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]