[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Bug reports
. . -> [Subject]  VxD Error

VxD Error

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Isaline   (1 post)  [Biography] bio
Date Sun 14 Oct 2001 02:47 AM (UTC)
I seem to be having a consistent (and odd) problem with Mushclient, and am wondering if anyone can help. :P

I'm currently running Mushclient 2.15.8 (older version, I know). It was working fine until a few months ago when my computer crashed. After it was repaired - as repaired as it can be, that is - I started having problems with VxD/blue screen errors. I've come to notice these errors are almost always triggered by two specific MCL-logons from Mushclient; more specifically, I'll get these errors whenever I close those windows.

I tried logging onto those sites with raw telnet, and have encountered no problems. I can't figure out what the problem is, so.... help? =P
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Sun 14 Oct 2001 10:07 PM (UTC)
Sounds like something related to scripting. MUSHclient itself is pretty reliable, but when you do scripting you use 3rd party DLLs (eg. vbscript.dll or jscript.dll) and those can cause problems.

I would go to Microsoft's site and ensure you have the latest DLL for the scripting language that you use (VBscript, Jscript) installed.

If you are using Perlscript the DLL comes from a different site. I can find the URL if that applies, although it is on this site somewhere.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

8,388 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]