[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Bug reports
. . -> [Subject]  MUSHclient crashes

MUSHclient crashes

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Tsunami   USA  (204 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Wed 09 Aug 2006 08:38 PM (UTC)
It took me about an hour to track down this bug, and it's still not that specific. At first I hadn't even associated it with scripting. The problem appears to be that when I create a plugin with a trigger in it which calls a script function which has a period in it...

script="table.function"

if the script which defines this function has an error in it, of any kind which would cause it not to compile, when the plugin is loaded, mushclient crashes without any message. I am still trying to narrow down the error further, and I will post again when I have.

-Tsunami
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Wed 09 Aug 2006 10:43 PM (UTC)
You can reproduce it really easily. Simply go into the trigger editor (GUI configuration) and put foo.bar as the name of the trigger script. Then it crashes.

The reason for the crash is in a Lua call to extract an item from a table, I wasn't checking if I was supplying a table in the first place. So in your case if the word "foo" is not a table you get a crash. However if foo is a table, but "bar" is not a function then it correctly reports that it can't find bar.

This is fixed in version 3.78 which has now been released.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Tsunami   USA  (204 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Thu 10 Aug 2006 06:25 PM (UTC)
Aye, that was the issue, but in a plugin, there was only one way I could reproduce it. That was with three files, first xml file using an include to call the second which had a trigger in it and a piece of lua to require() the third which had the table and function in it. In any other configuration I tested, the scripting error would be caught before MC tried to pair up triggers and functions, and so it wouldn't crash. In this case however, the scripting error wasn't caught which was the actual bug I was referring to. Hopefully this was fixed as well. Thanks, Tsunami
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

11,346 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]