[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Bug reports
. . -> [Subject]  Accelerators and command stacking

Accelerators and command stacking

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Ked   Russia  (524 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Sun 17 Sep 2006 06:32 AM (UTC)

Amended on Sun 17 Sep 2006 06:33 AM (UTC) by Ked

I've noticed a strange connection between changing accelerator bindings for key combination and command line stacking. The problem manifests itself when you have a string not containing a stacking charater assigned to an accelerator and then change it to one containing such a character. This only seems to happen when you load accelerators from a script file, and works correctly when you try it from the command window.

For example, loading a file with the following snippet:

Accelerator ("Ctrl+8", "northneast")
--Accelerator ("Ctrl+8", "north;east")

Hitting Ctrl+8 (with a * alias sending to output defined) produces the expected "northneast" in the output window. Then reloading the script with the second line uncommented:

Accelerator ("Ctrl+8", "northneast")
Accelerator ("Ctrl+8", "north;east")

Will continue to give "northneast" until you go into the respective configuration dialog and change the status of the command stacking option (regardless of whether it was disabled or enabled). Then (without reloading the script) Ctrl+8 produces what it should: either "north" followed by "east" on the next line if you've enabled stacking, or "north;east" if you disabled it.

In other words, this is pretty obscure.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Mon 18 Sep 2006 12:36 AM (UTC)
Er, yes, and not the sort of thing I expect people to do . :)

I would expect two things:

• You load accelerators early on (eg. at world open)

• You don't change command stack characters frequently.

I know this is not what you are describing, but if you made an alias that did:

north;east

And then changed the command stack character from ";" to something else, then that alias would stop working too.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Ked   Russia  (524 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Mon 18 Sep 2006 03:49 AM (UTC)
Yeah, this probably isn't something that anyone is likely to ever encounter, as the sequence of coordinated script edits and button clicks kind of guarantees it from happening to anyone sane :)

I just thought it would be a good idea to let you know and document it here in case it turns out to be a sign of more serious trouble at some point.
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

11,522 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]