[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  MXP and Pueblo
. . -> [Subject]  MXP 1.0?

MXP 1.0?

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by MattMc   USA  (54 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Thu 28 Dec 2006 04:51 AM (UTC)
Any info when Mushclient might upgrade to MXP 1.0?

http://www.zuggsoft.com/zmud/mxp.htm

Thanks,
Matt
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Thu 28 Dec 2006 06:55 AM (UTC)
What features are new in MXP 1.0 that MUSHclient does not already support, and what MUD servers, if any, use such features?

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Thu 28 Dec 2006 07:27 AM (UTC)
I'm an administrator over at http://www.materiamagica.com, and they have 1.0 implemented, which is preventing me from accessing a number of features. While I can't find any documentation that states what features are new to 1.0, I can say that I know EXPIRE doesn't work in .5. Expire removes a hyperlink on a compass after you get to a new room for example in our implementation.

Thanks,
Matt
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #3 on Thu 28 Dec 2006 07:33 AM (UTC)
I found a spec of .5 and expire was there. I'll compare and talk to our coder and figure out what he changed to support 1.0 :p. Sorry!

Matt
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Tue 09 Jan 2007 06:52 PM (UTC)
I talked to him and we reduced most of the MXP enabled stuff to version .5, so now MUSHclient works with that.

However, here's a new question: When I log in, if I manually type my username, I get the message from the mud that the MXP handshake has succeeded ("MXP ENABLED."). If I use a trigger, alias, or stacked commands to type in my username, password, and other automatic login stuff, then I don't get that response until I manually type something into the game.

I talked to our coder again and he said that on connect, he sends out the following:
eor_will
sga_will
compress2_will
mxp_will
msp_will

Then the first output, "CONNECT OK\n" and then the splash screen and login.

Is there something I can do to automatically send the MXP DO command? What is happening is if I don't get the "MXP ENABLED" message during the login process, then the custom tags don't work. If I manually type my login information, then I get the MXP ENABLED while logging in and all the tags work correctly.

Thanks for your help,
Matt
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #5 on Thu 11 Jan 2007 03:36 AM (UTC)
It sounds like your code is not allowing for the MXP enabling sequences to appear anywhere but at the very start. Strictly speaking, the code should detect those sequences at any time.

The stuff like the connect name and password are sent immediately upon connecting, which is probably before the MUD has reacted and sent out its MXP negotiation.

You could use SendPkt to send the sequences before your name / password. You would need to make an "on connect" script, which will be executed immediately upon connecting.

http://www.gammon.com.au/scripts/doc.php?function=SendPkt

You could use that to enable MXP, and then send the name/password.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

16,722 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]