[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  How do you dock the infobar above the command line?

How do you dock the infobar above the command line?

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Boxknife   (19 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Thu 04 Dec 2008 02:13 PM (UTC)
How do you dock the infobar above the command line?
I can get it to float there, but it covers the text from the MUD.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Worstje   Netherlands  (899 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Thu 04 Dec 2008 02:29 PM (UTC)
You cannot place it there to my knowledge.

If you know how to script a little, you can use TextRectangle() to bump the mud-output up a number of pixels so you can hover the Infobar where you want it. Or you can skip the infobar alltogether and just move straight to a miniwindow to draw at the position in question.
[Go to top] top

Posted by WillFa   USA  (525 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Thu 04 Dec 2008 05:34 PM (UTC)
Seconding what Worstje said about miniwindows.

btw: http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/?id=9097&page=999

Was written for doing that exact thing.

</shamelessplug>
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #3 on Thu 04 Dec 2008 07:55 PM (UTC)

Amended on Thu 04 Dec 2008 08:02 PM (UTC) by Boxknife

I'm looking at the miniwindow tutorials, but I can't figure out where to start. Is that code invoking the miniwindow just a normal Lua script?

I tried running
"win = GetPluginID () -- get a unique name
WindowCreate (win, 0, 0, 200, 200, 12, 0, ColourNameToRGB("white")) -- create window
WindowShow (win, true) -- show it "

In the immediate window, but it says it can't find "WindowCreate" or something.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Worstje   Netherlands  (899 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #4 on Thu 04 Dec 2008 08:47 PM (UTC)
What version do you have? Miniwindows are a rather recent addition - I'd update to version 4.37 if you haven't. A lot of bugs with them have been fixed in that version.

It may not show on the main download page since Nick is kind of conservative with introducing new features to all users of MUSHclient while there may be bugs remaining. But I have used miniwindows for over 3-4 months now and can pretty much garantuee there is nothing that will make it crash or really bugs it out. There's some minor problems, but they'll get fixed in due time. Look in the Announcements forum for the link.
[Go to top] top

Posted by WillFa   USA  (525 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #5 on Thu 04 Dec 2008 11:18 PM (UTC)

Amended on Thu 04 Dec 2008 11:19 PM (UTC) by WillFa

Make sure you have Mushclient version 4.37. There's a link to download it in the announcements forum.

You can download a module that will help you do a lot of infobar type stuff from http://www.gammon.com.au/mushclient/plugins/InfoBox.zip

Copy the .lua file into you C:\Program Files\MushClient\Lua directory.

In your script file, put:

require "InfoBox"
myIB = InfoBox:New("info")
myIB:WindowPosition(myIB.windowPositions.S)
Stat = myIB:AddBar()
Stat.barStyle = 0

Stat.caption = "what ever you want goes here."
myIB:Update()

Those last 2 lines can be repeated in your prompt/hpbar trigger to keep it updated.

The InfoBox.lua module takes all the not knowing where to start out of the equation. :)
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #6 on Fri 05 Dec 2008 01:55 AM (UTC)

Dang, I thought Mr. Gammon stopped making new versions as soon as he made it freeware.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #7 on Fri 05 Dec 2008 04:18 AM (UTC)

In fact the miniwindow stuff is a pretty major enhancement - it makes all sorts of exciting things possible.

For example, see this:

http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/?id=8936

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #8 on Fri 05 Dec 2008 07:19 AM (UTC)

Coooool.
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

23,561 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]