[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  question about using the custom color 16 option.

question about using the custom color 16 option.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Smkey21   (4 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Sun 30 May 2010 02:31 AM (UTC)
I am using the custom color 16 as default option for ansi colors, but I've run into a problem. On a mud that I play it will just use the bold(or bright/hi) tag instead of using bold white or similar, and when I use the above setting that text comes out the same as non-bold text. Is there a way to configure a bold version of the custom color somehow, or set something else up to let me know which text is supposed to be bold? I've switched back to using standard ANSI for now, but I have hope that there's a solution that lets me switch back to the custom color option.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Sun 30 May 2010 07:03 AM (UTC)

Template:function=MapColour MapColour

The documentation for the MapColour script function is available online. It is also in the MUSHclient help file.

That lets you remap colours independently of the ANSI codes. That is, an incoming colour (which may annoy you) can be unconditionally changed to another one. You would need a small script to be run on world open to do as many remaps as you want.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Smkey21   (4 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Mon 31 May 2010 07:37 PM (UTC)
It's kind of difficult to expain what I'm talking about I guess. I took a few logs and I'll

post an example of what I'm talking about. The first one is a raw and the others are while

logging colour.
The raw data I'm getting:
[39;49m[0;10m Standing here is [1mSteve[39;49m[0;10m 

talking to [1mSarah[39;49m[0;10m and off sulking in a corner is [1mDave[39;49m[0;10m.

What that translates to normally:
<font color="#C0C0C0"> Standing here is </font><font 

color="#FFFFFF">Steve</font><font color="#C0C0C0"> talking to </font><font 

color="#FFFFFF">Sarah</font><font color="#C0C0C0"> ...

How that looks when I configure MUSH to use custom colour 16 as default:
<font 

color="#0000FF"> Standing here is </font><font color="#0000FF">Steve</font><font 

color="#0000FF"> talking to </font><font color="#0000FF">Sarah</font><font color="#0000FF"> 

I was trying to see if there was a way to get the bold text (names in this case) to display

differently while using the colour 16 as default option. I tried out your suggestion of

mapping the colour to something else, but that still only works while I'm not using the

colour 16 as default option. So that leaves me back where I started.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #3 on Mon 31 May 2010 10:22 PM (UTC)
As far as I can see the concept of using colour 16 only applies to the base colour (that is, there is no "bold colour 16").

In that case I suggest you don't use colour 16 as a default, but remap both #C0C0C0 (normal) and #FFFFFF (bold) to the colours you really want.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

11,686 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]