[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  SMAUG
. -> [Folder]  SMAUG coding
. . -> [Subject]  A good laugh..

A good laugh..

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Microp   USA  (68 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Thu 21 Mar 2002 09:41 AM (UTC)
I'm new to smuag, and this should give some of you quite a good laugh at my expense -but hey we all have to start somewhere right? :P

Question..

On the README file of smuag is says:

"To start the windows version go to the src directory and double click on startup.bat This will put the server up on port 4000, to connect telnet to localhost 4000 and create a new character. Then save and quit, go to where the pfile is kept and open it up in an editor.
For example if the player was named Test the directory would be in the player\t directory.
Find the line beginning with Line and change the 2 to a 65. Now save it and reconnect,
congratz you now are the imp of your very own mud. Have fun."

---------------------------------------

I did all that, got into the game through the local host port 4000, created then saved my "Test" character.

But when I went to 'edit' it (with wordpad) and replace the 2 with a 65, I couldn't find anywhere on it that said the word "line".

Am I missing something? Am I off in some strange world by myself because I'm doing something wrong.

I beg you to help me. I've a long journey ahead, and this first step is one I'd like to get through.

Please help..here is the wordpad output (do you see "Line" anywhere?)..

#PLAYER
Version 3
Name Test~
Sex 1
Class 0
Race 0
Languages 1 1
Level 2
Played 50
Room 10300
HpManaMove 20 27 100 103 100 110
Gold 0
Exp 2000
Height 65
Weight 140
Act 536872520
Position 112
Style 2
Practice 2
SavingThrows 0 0 0 0 0
Alignment 0
Favor 0
Glory 0
MGlory 0
Hitroll 0
Damroll 0
Armor 100
ICEListen ~
Password Password~
Title the Spell Student~
Flags 0
PKills 0
PDeaths 0
MKills 0
MDeaths 0
IllegalPK 0
AttrPerm 13 16 13 13 14 14 13
AttrMod 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Condition 0 48 48 10
Site 127.0.0.1
Tongue 100 'common'
End

#OBJECT
Vnum 10333
WearLoc 17
Values 5 5 0 0 0 0
End

#END
[Go to top] top

Posted by Harsk   USA  (47 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Thu 21 Mar 2002 11:06 AM (UTC)
Just change the line itself that says level.
Next to that is the number 2, that should be changed to the number 65. After that, you can then create imm's online instead of haveing to manually change their pfiles.
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

9,761 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]