[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Alias to Make Aliases

Alias to Make Aliases

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Neves   USA  (78 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Sat 25 Sep 2010 09:48 PM (UTC)
I am trying to use the alias to make aliases, but I cannot find where the new alias I created is stored if I want to later remove it, where can I find it?

-Neves
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Sat 25 Sep 2010 10:03 PM (UTC)

Amended on Sat 25 Sep 2010 10:04 PM (UTC) by Nick Gammon

Template:faq=29 Please read the MUSHclient FAQ - point 29.

There have been some posts about aliases that make aliases (eg. for converting from another client).

If the alias is in the main world file, then the new aliases will be there too. If in a plugin, the aliases will be in the plugin. Note that aliases created inside plugins are not saved (the plugin is shared between worlds - only its variables are saved).

If you type: /Debug "summary"

you should see all your aliases, both in plugins and in the main script file, like this:

-- Triggers, aliases, timers, variables --
** Triggers: 2 in world file, triggers enabled: yes. [Triggers]
   2 enabled, 2 regexp, 88 attempts, 0 matched, 0.000973 seconds.
** Aliases: 3 in world file, aliases enabled: yes. [Aliases]
   2 enabled, 0 regexp, 2 attempts, 0 matched, 0.000008 seconds.
** Timers: 1 in world file, timers enabled: yes. [Timers]
   1 enabled, 0 fired.
   Timers checked every 0.1 seconds.
** Variables: 12. [Variables]
-- MCCP --
MCCP active, took 0.000035 seconds to decompress
MCCP received 240 compressed bytes, decompressed to 327 bytes.
MCCP compression ratio was:   73.4% (lower is better)
-- Plugins (Processing order) --
ID: 71a90acddb14f784437b8b80, 'Summary',  Enabled [Al]
ID: 87a0ec3649ab9a04d5ea618d, 'Omit_Blank_Lines',  Enabled [Tr]
ID: 84f927265b7fed69c7ada8be, 'Stopwatch',  Enabled [Al Ti Va Cb]
ID: 9c16895687a6b24f6202ac0c, 'Trace_Window',  Enabled [Cb]
ID: 6069eacf376f5e9dbfce901f, 'Mapper_Telnet',  Enabled [Al Va Cb]
ID: 03ca99c4e98d2a3e6d655c7d, 'Chat',  Enabled [Al Cb]
ID: edb75e5e80221bfb1a83a234, 'Config_Option_Changer',  Enabled [Al]
ID: 559d05b18c3fd5602a433cf8, 'Timestamps',  Enabled [Cb]
** Plugins: 8 loaded, 8 enabled.

The aliases are the [Aliases] and [Al] parts - you can click on those hyperlinks to see the list of actual aliases.

I'm not sure this is the most efficient workflow, but a plugin could conceivably create aliases, and then use ExportXML to "serialize" them into variables, and then ImportXML to import them back next time, if you really wanted to have plugin aliases be created on-the-fly and available next time. There might be easier ways.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Sun 26 Sep 2010 05:41 PM (UTC)
http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/bbshowpost.php?bbsubject_id=9705

The problem is if I want to change the alias reusing the command only makes another alias, is there a way to make an alias to remove aliases like #unalias, and is there a way to make the alias command replace an old alias with a similar match pattern?

-Neves
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #3 on Sun 26 Sep 2010 10:18 PM (UTC)
If I recall correctly, as long as you give the alias a name, then addxml will replace it.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Mon 27 Sep 2010 06:16 AM (UTC)
Is there a remove alias command just to remove one I no longer want?
(also, the forum isn't sending me e-mails to posts I subscribed to)
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #5 on Mon 27 Sep 2010 06:57 AM (UTC)
Your mail bounced. When that happens I flag the account to stop trying to send it:

Remote host said: 554 delivery error: dd Sorry your message to <your email> cannot be delivered. This account has been disabled or discontinued [#102]. - mta1078.mail.sk1.yahoo.com

Template:function=DeleteAlias DeleteAlias

The documentation for the DeleteAlias script function is available online. It is also in the MUSHclient help file.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

16,088 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]