[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Help with using wildcards in triggers

Help with using wildcards in triggers

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Salmonrose80   (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Thu 16 Jun 2011 04:12 PM (UTC)
I'm new with MUSHclient and I do not know anything about programming. So please bear with me when I ask a noob question.

My goal: set a trigger to report % of a spell to my teammate when he pages me.

Trigger: report spell *
Send:
spell %1

Example: if my teammate page me and say 'report spell sloth', I will do 'spell sloth' which show the following in the MUD

Level Spell Pct Cost Spell Pct Cost
===============================================================================
Lvl 29: sloth 73% 30 mana

I know I need more then the one-liner spell %1 to achieve the above goal. But I can't even get 'spell %1' to work. Please help.

It would be great if you can also show me a code/script (or whatever it is supposed to call) to do the above. Thanks alot.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Fiendish   USA  (2,514 posts)  [Biography] bio   Global Moderator
Date Reply #1 on Thu 16 Jun 2011 04:47 PM (UTC)

Amended on Thu 16 Jun 2011 04:48 PM (UTC) by Fiendish

It looks to me like you're being bitten by this:

https://code.google.com/p/aardwolfclientpackage/wiki/Triggers#I_tried_making_a_trigger_but_it_isn%27t_firing._The_pattern_i

MUSHclient's trigger patterns are implicitly anchored on both ends unless you specify otherwise in the pattern. So a pattern of 'report spell *' will not match on "Soandso pages you 'report spell foo'.

But it's hard to say unless you copy/paste exact examples of the text coming from the MUD when your friend pages you and exact information about the trigger you've tried to set up. See here:

http://mushclient.com/forum/bbshowpost.php?bbsubject_id=11162

https://github.com/fiendish/aardwolfclientpackage
[Go to top] top

Posted by Salmonrose80   (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Thu 16 Jun 2011 05:18 PM (UTC)
Thanks for the link. There is a lot of info (good info) on there and it will take me a long while to absorb all those.

Actual output as following.

When I teammate pages me, I see:

GingerGirl tells you 'report spell sloth'

Command spell sloth show me:

Level Spell Pct Cost Spell Pct Cost
===============================================================================
Lvl 29: sloth 79% 30 mana

I want to be able to page my teammate back and report my spell %, example, tell GingerGirl sloth 79%

How can I do this? Thanks again.
Note: There are a lot of options for triggers like 'Send to' can be 'World', 'Execute', 'Script' etc. And options to toggle 'Regular Expression'. I read the help file about those and tried many combination of these options, yet, nothing works for me so far.
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

10,126 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]