[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  Programming
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  little problem with SPI at > 1MHz

little problem with SPI at > 1MHz

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Erik Nyquist   (1 post)  [Biography] bio
Date Tue 18 Dec 2012 01:45 PM (UTC)
Hello, I'm trying to get 2 arduinos to talk to each other over SPI. Now it works just fine, as long as SCK is at 1MHz or lower (DIV16, DIV32, DIV64 or DIV128).
My program is simple, the master sends a string of numbers (0-255) and the slave prints these numbers out in hex, checking them to ensure all bytes have been recieved. If there is a mismatch, it stops.

At 1MHz, it will happily run for hours without a mismatch, but anything higher causes a mismatch within less than a second.

Has anyone got any advice on properly terminating the SCK line? currently I just have jumper wires (very short, not more than 6cm) between the two arduinos.

Surely impedance matching isn't necessary for such short distance/low freq?
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Tue 18 Dec 2012 09:55 PM (UTC)
Template:Arduino Please post Arduino-related questions to the Arduino Forum or to StackExchange: Arduino. This saves splitting questions and answers between this forum and the Arduino ones.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Lakedoo23   (9 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Fri 18 Jan 2013 11:14 PM (UTC)
Hopefully you found the answer, best results I got with SPI was using very thin solid wire and some resistors to reduce the noise on the spi lines. I was able to reach results up to about 43 MHz reliably this was for a SD-card spi interface though.
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

12,300 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]