[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Help with Translating Mudlet to Mush

Help with Translating Mudlet to Mush

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Drez   (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Mon 25 Mar 2013 02:48 AM (UTC)

I have started playing a MUD called Midkemia Online. It is an Ironrealms MUD so like the others the combat is attack and counter sort of style.

I have a complete system for Mudlet of how it should be, I'm just unable to code it to work in Mush. Everybody on the game uses Mudlet, pretty much, so I'm a little stuck seeing as I use Window Eyes and there is no reader support for Mudlet.

I have the file, and can send it. I would just like to know if anyone would please email me at jthow10@gmail.com I can send you the file, and maybe someone can translate it into Mushclient format? I believe it is in LUA from Mudlet. Also if anyone has any plugins for Midkemia those would be helpful as well.

Thank you!
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Mon 25 Mar 2013 09:36 AM (UTC)
There is not going to be a simple solution. Windows and Mac are both programmed using C++ (and/or Objective C), that doesn't mean you can easily convert from one to the other.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Drez   (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Mon 25 Mar 2013 12:35 PM (UTC)
Would there be any way to make something similar to the system in Mush then? Basicly its a bunch of triggers that tell the world when to dodge, parry or whatever the counter is after the attack is made.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Fiendish   USA  (2,514 posts)  [Biography] bio   Global Moderator
Date Reply #3 on Mon 25 Mar 2013 11:13 PM (UTC)
Would there be any way

There is always a way.

https://github.com/fiendish/aardwolfclientpackage
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #4 on Tue 26 Mar 2013 10:18 AM (UTC)
A lot of people (including Fiendish) have done some very sophisticated stuff with MUSHclient, such as mappers, auto-sippers, health gauges, inventories and so on.

So, yes it can be done.

You may well save time and effort by simply reading some of the "getting started" topics rather than spending hours working out how Mudlet did it, and how to convert that to MUSHclient:

http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/bbshowpost.php?bbtopic_id=120

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

13,602 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]