[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Issue making a Trigger activate an Alias

Issue making a Trigger activate an Alias

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Antoine   (6 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Mon 15 Apr 2013 11:39 PM (UTC)

I'm normally not one to get on Forums this is a first for me in years. However i've tried everything from searching the forum to reading the help files and being completely new to Mushclient and mudding with advanced clients after a 10 year break i find 89% of it confusing. Though i can tell it's a powerful client learning to use it is hard. So i've come to ask for help.

I'm playing a mud where botting is allowed, and i have been manually executing aliases killing 25 creatures at a time. I have about 25 different aliases that kill 25 different types of creatures. So i thought about it and decided to see if i could create triggers that could also activate and execute my aliases one at a time and set it up to go down the list.

Unfortunately, i can't seem to do it and i've searched and can't find any documentation saying how. I don't know how to script at all so i decided to try to use this awkard method to create a bot. Is it possible to have a trigger execute an alias? Because what i would like to do is have the trigger go off, execute an alias, and have a phrase spoken at the end of the executed alias to spark off another trigger...I know there may be a much better way to create a bot but i'm at a loss how...If any one could help me in any way I would appreciate it greatly.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Fiendish   USA  (2,514 posts)  [Biography] bio   Global Moderator
Date Reply #1 on Tue 16 Apr 2013 01:33 AM (UTC)
Is it possible to have a trigger execute an alias?

Yes

Quote:
what i would like to do is have the trigger go off, execute an alias

Send to script and use the Execute() function.

https://github.com/fiendish/aardwolfclientpackage
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Tue 16 Apr 2013 02:02 AM (UTC)

And thank you for replying..i am a bit confused and i see to be getting something wrong...not used to using script at all...this is the error i'm getting

[string "Trigger: "]:1: bad argument #1 to 'Execute' (string expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'Execute'
	[string "Trigger: "]:1: in main chunk
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #3 on Tue 16 Apr 2013 02:09 AM (UTC)
Thanks Fiendish i figured it out doing a bit more research and
got it to work!

I used

world.Execute("ggnome")

To send my gnome killing alias to the mud! Worked like a charm and i hope this post helps some other newbie! Thanks.
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

11,169 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]