[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUDs
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Some old example plugins don't work anymore?

Some old example plugins don't work anymore?

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Worstje   Netherlands  (899 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Wed 10 Jun 2015 03:17 PM (UTC)
I am currently in the process of updating an old SMAUG codebase to teach it some new tricks, and amongst things I was trying to apply Nick's status-messages stuff. I think I got it applied fine, but I wanted to make sure, so I figured I'd scour the forums a bit.

Turns out I ended up at a thread (http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/bbshowpost.php?id=10043&page=1) where I debated quite intensively with Nick in the past. :)

The examples listed in the first few pages of the post don't seem to work anymore though; no miniwindow pops up for me. My guess is the miniwindow module got updated since the examples were first written.

Sadly, that's a module I have zero experience with, and I was wondering if someone happened to know how to fix those examples for testing purposes. (It would probably also be nice for other people who end up coming along that path some day. xD)

After that works, I'll have to start checking to see to what degree mapper support is implemented, too. xD
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Wed 10 Jun 2015 07:59 PM (UTC)
Do you mean, for example, the Health_Bar_Miniwindow_Telnet plugin?

I presume it would work if it got the right telnet messages. Are you sending those?

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Wed 10 Jun 2015 10:07 PM (UTC)

Amended on Wed 10 Jun 2015 10:09 PM (UTC) by Worstje

I implemented a diff based on source code of your smaugfuss github status-messages branch. It linked towards the topic I linked above in the ReadMe, so I definitely hope they are valid test cases for it. xD

The Telnet_Option_Test one is showing stuff fine (I noticed I missed that one prior to my posting), but the miniwindow ones ( Room_Location_Telnet & Health_Bar_Miniwindow_Telnet ) are never showing up. No error messages, but no miniwindow showing up either. I tried to force it visible with a WindowShow(pluginid, true), but no dice there.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #3 on Thu 11 Jun 2015 04:19 AM (UTC)
Try making a different background colour than the default of black:

WindowCreate (win, 
                 windowinfo.window_left, 
                 windowinfo.window_top, 
                 WINDOW_WIDTH, window_height,  
                 windowinfo.window_mode,   -- top right
                 windowinfo.window_flags,
                 ColourNameToRGB "lightgray") 

WindowShow (win)

That should at least let you see where it is and drag it around (it did for me).

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Thu 11 Jun 2015 04:20 AM (UTC)
Also add an alpha character to the window ID, which helps when saving the state file:

win = "healthbar" .. GetPluginID ()

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #5 on Thu 11 Jun 2015 05:19 AM (UTC)
It turns out that you were right. A more awake mind quickly made it obvious that the data that your status-messages branch emits does not in any way correspond with the data this plugin is looking for.

I adjusted the plugin and then it worked fine.

Sorry to have bothered you.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #6 on Thu 11 Jun 2015 06:43 AM (UTC)
No problem. I was initially confused as to why the window didn't appear, but black-on-black can be rather hard to spot. :)

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

19,335 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]