[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Jscript
. . -> [Subject]  inside functions

inside functions

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Avariel   Portugal  (55 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Fri 26 Jul 2002 01:06 PM (UTC)

1rst:

im trying to run alias inside script functions... dunno if thats possible but if it is id like to someone hepls me with sintax cus im not being able of doing it.

2nd:

i have a diferent function for each of my chars with the names like this

afk_<char_name_1>
afk_<char_name_2>
afk_<char_name_3>

when i connect to the mud i have a function that sets

self = <char_name>

ide like to know if it possible to set a function that runs afk_self function inside it... meaning that recognizes the variable set on connection and choses the right afk_* function. if its possible how do i do it.

thx.

The Avariel Wind Lord
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Fri 26 Jul 2002 10:47 PM (UTC)

im trying to run alias inside script functions...

You can't call aliases from scripts, because of the possibility of an endless loop. Eg. alias A calls script B, script B calls alias A and so on.

However, what you can do is make a variable, eg.

variable XXX = "go north"

Then the alias uses the variable, eg.

alias YYY = "@xxx"

With "expand variables" set this would send "go north".

Then in your script you can also use the same variable, eg.

world.send world.getvariable ("XXX")

This would send "go north".

Quote:

ide like to know if it possible to set a function that runs afk_self function inside it.

You can do this with the VB "execute" command. eg.

Execute "call afk_" & world.getvariable ("self")

This tells VB to join "afk_" with the contents of variable "self" then execute "call afk_self" (whatever self is).

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #2 on Fri 26 Jul 2002 10:57 PM (UTC)
I just noticed this is the Jscript part of the forum, but the answer is very similar. Instead of "Execute" you would use "eval", like this:

eval ("afk_" + world.getvariable ("self") + " () ;");

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Avariel   Portugal  (55 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Wed 31 Jul 2002 01:48 PM (UTC)

I'll probably gonna have some more questions as I try to do more complex alias :)

this reply will help me a lot.

have fun.

The Avariel Wind Lord
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

12,032 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]