[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Gammon Forum

See www.mushclient.com/spam for dealing with forum spam. Please read the MUSHclient FAQ!

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Suggestions
. . -> [Subject]  <Esc> -> No on Replace your typing of...
Home  |  Users  |  Search  |  FAQ
Username:
Register forum user name
Password:
Forgotten password?

<Esc> -> No on Replace your typing of...

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Vaejor   (120 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Sun 18 Aug 2002 01:03 PM (UTC)
I was wondering if the 'No' button could be bound to the escape key for the popup box that appears asking if you would like to replace typing.

Also, I noticed the Keyboard Preference option(under Input -> Commands) for Save Deleted Command doesn't seem to save the command when going through the replace typing popup box, although it does work when you hit the escape key. I would like if this could be considered for adding so that commands replaced by the popup would be saved as well.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (21,652 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Mon 19 Aug 2002 03:42 AM (UTC)
Yes that is a bit annoying, I have a choice of dialog boxes:

Yes/No - where you can type <enter> or "N" or

OK/Cancel - where you can type <enter> or <esc>

It seems to me that Yes/No is a more logical set of buttons to a "yes/no" type question, however it is annoying that <esc> isn't taken as No. You can always just hit the "N" key.

It it really annoys a few people I can do a custom dialog box which will say Yes/No but accepts <Esc> as No.

I'll look into the other issue.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (21,652 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #2 on Thu 29 Aug 2002 03:57 AM (UTC)
I agree it is annoying, I've changed it to OK/Cancel, not Yes/No. Hopefully it isn't too confusing. Now <esc> will work (but not "N").

Also, if you say OK, then the command is now saved in the command history buffer, if that option is on.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

3,597 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at FutureQuest]